THIS WEEK'S UPDATE

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23 1:30 PM
      Greetings Everyone,

      Our latest update just went up on the site along with the email update. All the info from the update is below.

      Thanks,

      P.A.T.

      --------------------
      More Guests and More Promotions for Pittsburgh Comicon 2010

      Hello Comicon Compadres,

      With the 2010 Pittsburgh Comicon just about a month away, you can expect news updates coming fast and furious in the coming days.

      I promised last week the return of a Comicon favorite, but heck I'm feeling generous, so how about I give you TWO.

      • Hot off his recent stunning issue of Jonah Hex, Shi creator and superstar artist and writer, BILLY TUCCI is back in the Burgh!!!

      In fact Billy has graciously agreed to do the cover of our 2010 Program Book. (I'd tell you what his cover is going to be, but I like to have some secrets!!)

      • Also speaking of HOT, the internet was abuzz this past week with the news of Zenescope's new CHARMED comic based on the fan favorite TV show.

      We are happy to announce that CHARMED artist, DAVE HOOVER will be at the 2010 Comicon Saturday and Sunday.

      • New to the show this year is media guest MARK TIERNO who appeared as the classic zombie, BEEF TREATS in George Romero's DAY OF THE DEAD.

      Mark also appeared in the recent acclaimed film adaptation of Cormac McCarthy's THE ROAD.

      All these guests and more where just added to the website. For a full list of guests visit, www.pittsburghcomicon.com

      • Also added this week, for those COSTUMERS out there, we just added new registration forms and rules for the 2010 Comicon Costume Contest.

      To download the new forms visit: www.pittsburghcomicon.com/costume.html and remember admission on Sunday is FREE to anyone in costume!!!

      Well folks, get ready for NERD HERDING. Stop by the N3RDcast booth to get your badge, roam the convention hall scavenger hunt style. HERD ALL THE NERDS and be entered to win The Nerd Herd Jam Piece and best of all participation is absolutely FREE. Visit the N3RDcast site or www.pittsburghcomicon.com/promotions.html for more details.

      Lastly for this week, for those of you into Comics and Media inspired apparel, you'll be happy to know STYLIN INC is returning to the 2010 Comicon with the largest selection with of exclusive tee shirts and hard to find novelty T shirts from the best movies, comic books, anime and television shows.

      OH WAIT, one more thing!!! Thank you to Ed Beard, Jr. and Andrew Harmon who have both agreed to do giveaways for Sunday's KIDZ DAY promotion. Any other artist or retailer that wishes to do a Kidz Day Promotion and have it listed on the website/program book, please email your giveaway/promotion to pcomicon@... with KIDZ DAY PROMOTION in the subject line.

      That's it for this week folks, I'm sure I'll have much more to report in the days to come.

      Thanx,

      Patrick A. Thomas

      Marketing Director – Pittsburgh Comicon