Need suggetstions...

  • Donnie
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 20, 2010
      I am also wanting to get a jam piece done at the show but I need suggestions on which artists to choose to do what. It is a piece of old Pulp and serial characters.

      Here is my list of characters and artists I think will be good.

      The Shadow-Mikey Wood
      Commando Cody-Josh Medors
      Sheena-EBAS
      Domino Lady-Jim Balent
      Miss Masque (Masquerade)-Holly G!
      Phantom-Andy Bennett
      The Spider-?
      Blackhawk-?
      Superman-?
      Batman-?
      Robin?
      Shazam (Capt. Marvel)-?
      Captain America-?

      If you have any suggestions on artists, please let me know. I know I want McDaniel to do one but can't decide which. Also if you have any suggestions for other pulp/serial characters let me know.

      And don't worry about the amount of characters. I pan to spread them out on 1-3 comic art boards.
    • D Griff
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 20, 2010
        Good luck getting Holly to do that..She usually only does caricatures...

        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 20, 2010
          See this is the whole point of my piece. It's the artists interpretation of the character. If they want to do a modern Superman and not one from the 40's, its good. If Holly wants to do a charactature of the character, thats her interpretation.

          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 20, 2010
            Still good luck she usually does pixies and witches and stuff like that,,in other words the last time I saw her she only did what she wanted no requests

            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 20, 2010
              Then I guess I will have to find someone else for that character. Wonder if Benitez will be a be to...

              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 20, 2010
                Not discouraging you dude... you can try..just giving you a warning just in case you need a back up

                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 20, 2010
                  Its a big show, there are always others that will do it.

                  --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, D Griff <bear100_1999@...> wrote:

                  > Not discouraging you dude... you can try..just giving you a warning just in case you need a back up

                • Michael Wood
                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 20, 2010
                    There are a LOT of great artist sitting near me. Rey Arzeno and Jamie Fay (who did the Marvel Girl painting on the back of the program last year) among others. We can get you hooked up, man.

                    To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
                    From: wildstorm3@...
                    Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 23:01:22 +0000

                    Its a big show, there are always others that will do it.

                    --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, D Griff <bear100_1999@ ...> wrote:

                    > Not discouraging you dude... you can try..just giving you a warning just in case you need a back up

                    Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Learn More.
                  • Donnie
                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 20, 2010
                      See, now thats what I'm talking about.

                      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Michael Wood <spacemonkeycomics@...> wrote:

                      > There are a LOT of great artist sitting near me. Rey Arzeno and Jamie Fay (who did the Marvel Girl painting on the back of the program last year) among others. We can get you hooked up, man.
                      >
                      > To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
                      > From: wildstorm3@...
                      > Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 23:01:22 +0000
                      > Subject: [pittscomicon] Re: Need suggetstions...

                      > Its a big show, there are always others that will do it.
                      >

                      > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, D Griff <bear100_1999@> wrote:
                      >

                      > > Not discouraging you dude... you can try..just giving you a warning just in case you need a back up
                      >

                      > > --- On Sat, 3/20/10, Donnie <wildstorm3@> wrote:
                      >

                      > > From: Donnie <wildstorm3@>
                      >
                      > > Subject: [pittscomicon] Re: Need suggetstions...
                      >
                      > > To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
                      >
                      > > Date: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 4:29 PM

                      > > Then I guess I will have to find someone else for that character. Wonder if Benitez will be a be to...
                      >

                      > > --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, D Griff <bear100_1999@ ...> wrote:
                      >

                      > > > Still good luck she usually does pixies and witches and stuff like that,,in other words the last time I saw her she only did what she wanted no requests
                      >

                      > > > --- On Sat, 3/20/10, Donnie <wildstorm3@ ...> wrote:
                      >

                      > > > From: Donnie <wildstorm3@ ...>
                      >

                      > > > Subject: [pittscomicon] Re: Need suggetstions. ..
                      >

                      > > > To: pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com
                      >

                      > > > Date: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 3:10 PM

                      > > > ÂÂ

                      > > > See this is the whole point of my piece. It's the artists interpretation of the character. If they want to do a modern Superman and not one from the 40's, its good. If Holly wants to do a charactature of the character, thats her interpretation.

                      > http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID27925::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:032010_1

                    • D Griff
                      Message 10 of 20 , Mar 20, 2010
                        Rare..Thanks

                        > There are a LOT of great artist sitting near me. Rey Arzeno and Jamie Fay (who did the Marvel Girl painting on the back of the program last year) among others. We can get you hooked up, man.
                        >
                        > To: pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com
                        > From: wildstorm3@. ..
                        > Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 23:01:22 +0000
                        > Subject: [pittscomicon] Re: Need suggetstions. ..

                        > Its a big show, there are always others that will do it.
                        >

                        > --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, D Griff <bear100_1999@ > wrote:
                        >

                        > > Not discouraging you dude... you can try..just giving you a warning just in case you need a back up
                        >

                        > > --- On Sat, 3/20/10, Donnie <wildstorm3@ > wrote:
                        >

                        > > From: Donnie <wildstorm3@ >
                        >
                        > > Subject: [pittscomicon] Re: Need suggetstions. ..
                        >
                        > > To: pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com
                        >
                        > > Date: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 4:29 PM

                        > > Then I guess I will have to find someone else for that character. Wonder if Benitez will be a be to...
                        >

                        > > --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, D Griff <bear100_1999@ ...> wrote:
                        >

                        > > > Still good luck she usually does pixies and witches and stuff like that,,in other words the last time I saw her she only did what she wanted no requests
                        >

                        > > > --- On Sat, 3/20/10, Donnie <wildstorm3@ ...> wrote:
                        >

                        > > > From: Donnie <wildstorm3@ ...>
                        >

                        > > > Subject: [pittscomicon] Re: Need suggetstions. ..
                        >

                        > > > To: pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com
                        >

                        > > > Date: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 3:10 PM

                        > > > ÂÂ

                        > > > See this is the whole point of my piece. It's the artists interpretation of the character. If they want to do a modern Superman and not one from the 40's, its good. If Holly wants to do a charactature of the character, thats her interpretation.

                        > http://www.windowsl ive.com/campaign /thenewbusy? ocid=PID27925: :T:WLMTAGL: ON:WL:en- US:WM_HMP: 032010_1

                      • Will Crites
                        Message 11 of 20 , Mar 22, 2010
                          This will probably be my last time for any convention. So I'm hoping to leave with some sketches and a small stash of goodies. Of course I'll have my daughter in tow, finally talked her in to doing the costume contest.  I'd like to see us win, so I have a bribe in mind for the Judges

                          Female Elventaur - Jim Balent
                          Holly G - Anything she wants
                          Sinically Twisted - Anything she wants
                          Tour Guide or Myself in costume - Mikey Wood
                          Tour Guide or Myself in Costume - Tod Allen Smith
                          Tour Guide -  Any artist who will draw them for $15 or $20.

                          Will

                          Message 12 of 20 , Mar 22, 2010
                            Hey man,
                            I'll draw anything from your list for $15, you don't even have to pay me until you pick it up at the con.
                            I'll draw anything for anyone for $15, preorders welcome.

                            the webcomic where a stuffed bear destroys pop culture
                            http://www.mumblepuss.com/
                          • Andrew Harmon

                              Message 14 of 20 , Mar 22, 2010
                                where can we see more of your work?

                                Message 15 of 20 , Mar 22, 2010
                                  Alright you're on my list too Jamie. I went ahead and forwarded my request to you.

                                  Will

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Mar 22, 2010
                                    I'm sorry but I was with Jim and Holly the last time they were at Pittsburgh Comic Con for the entire weekend, and Holly did in fact do requests for people.

                                    ~SINicallyTwisted
                                    http://pics.livejournal.com/sinicallytwsted/gallery/0006kw6a

                                    --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, D Griff <bear100_1999@...> wrote:

                                    > Still good luck she usually does pixies and witches and stuff like that,,in other words the last time I saw her she only did what she wanted no requests
                                  • Jamie Fickes

                                      Message 18 of 20 , Mar 23, 2010
                                        I had her commissioned for my website Mega City Tours.

                                        Will

                                        Message 19 of 20 , Mar 23, 2010
                                          And if you bothered to read my response I said with quotes " the last time I saw her she only did what she wanted no requests " I haven't seen her in awhile so I'm glad she changed that...And I stand corrected..Thank you very much

                                          Message 20 of 20 , Mar 27, 2010
                                            I found a few more characters:

                                            Green Archer
                                            Dick Tracy