Re: So Where Are The Star Wars Guest?

  • Kerry
    Message 1 of 37 , Dec 30, 2005
      Bruno has been around to a few places this year, and not sure how
      big of a draw he'd be, just for that fact. I'd like to see him
      again, always a class act.

      Yes Christy Hemme would be nice, or any of the other Divas other
      than Lita, or Stacy, as the've been used too many times around here.
      I think any of the guys in the classic superstars action figure line
      would be a big draw, as that seems to be a new trend, trying to get
      the figures signed. OR how about....... R V D! :)

      Also, I think I posted before... I had emailed Norm Conners,
      promoter for IWC, and he told me, that he had tried to show up and
      put on a few matches, and maybe have some guys sign, but the
      promoters of the Comicon, didn't want THAT sort of entertainment
      there.
      Also, it would be neat to get some of the TNA guys... AJ Styles,
      Abyss, Samoa Joe, and I don't think it would be that hard, since
      they have also worked for IWC.

      Also, I was the one that mentioned... the Great Luke Ski.
      Had also heard from him, and he said he wrote to the promoter, but
      never heard anything.

      Pittsburgh is a great area, but seems like we always get the shaft
      on these sort of things. The toy show was great. Got Barry Williams.
      Not sure if he made much money, but it was different, and cool.
      I see in March they are having Chekov from Star Trek. I think that
      will be a big draw.
      At the Car show last year, John Schneider (Bo Duke, Smallville) drew
      a GREAT crowd.
      What's wrong with bringing some of those guys in?

      I would just like it to be known for more than just the "home of the
      Dawn of the Dead".

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@y...>
      wrote:
      > I do believe some old school wrestlers would be great, NOT
      JOHNNY V, george steele was a big hit the year he was there
      Foley was an enormous hit, i think Bruno Sammartino would go over
      huge and bring a whole other crowd to the con.
      > I say get Christy Hemme, she was a hot item in the WWE an then
      got the axe from Vinnie Mac.
      > Get some independent org's to do a show. a few matches shed some
      blood etc etc.

      > Rick Olney <orcafresh@y...> wrote: Well, I KNOW what
      Stan's asking price is, as I
> [...]
      > > Stan Lee?
      > >
      > > I'm on a Lee roll here. Heh.
      > >
      > > Yes, and more skin might be alright (as in models)
      > > as
      > > long as the fans stand behind the choices. I know
      > > that
      > > the hosts work hard each year to offer something
      > > slightly hot or different.
      > >

      > > --- Kerry <bwo4life@v...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > But if you don't bring in, or "chase" other
      > > talent
      > > > as you put it.
      > > > People won't keep coming back to see the same
      > > old
      > > > people.
      > > > I was there on Saturday last year. Didn't look
      > > like
      > > > too big of a
      > > > crowd, plus they weren't even using the one
      > > section
      > > > that they did in
      > > > the past.
      > > > If they don't want the convention to die off,
      > > they
      > > > NEED to compete.
      > > > Bring in someone from the Steelers, Pirates, or
      > > > Penguins.
      > > > With the success of the new WWE Classic
      > > Superstars
      > > > action figures,
      > > > bring in some wrestling legends for a signing.
      > > > Let the Playmates comes back.
      > > > Give the Chiller Theater expo some competition.
      > > >
      > > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Rick Olney
      > > > <orcafresh@y...>

      > > Comicon
      > > > is
      > > them.
      > > > Nearly
      > > should
      > > it
      > > > has
      > > CHASING
      > > > the
      > > > circuits

      > > would
      > > not
      > > > like
      > > Man
      > > like
      > > > this

      > > > Comic

      > > > email

      > > the

      > > > one

      > > year.

      > > > --------------------~-->
      > > > Know an art & music fan? Make a donation in
      > > their
      > > > honor this holiday season!
      > > >

      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/.6dcNC/.VHMAA/Zx0JAA/aSIolB/TM

      > > Sincerely,
      > > --Rick
      > >
      > > Rick Olney
      > > TightLip Entertainment
      > > www.mightyminicon.com
      > > "Lux Mentis, Lux Orbis"

      > > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
      > >

      > > ---------------------------------
      > >

      > > "To the world you are just one person, but to one
      > > person you just may be the world."
      > >
      > > ---------------------------------
      > > Yahoo! Shopping
      > > Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at Yahoo!

      book Comic book
      store Comic book
      artist
      Comic book cover
      Comic book for sale Dc
      comic
      book

      Service.

      > ---------------------------------

      may be the world."

      > ---------------------------------
      > Yahoo! Photos
      > Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events,
      holidays, whatever.

    • Kerry
      Message 37 of 37 , Jan 4, 2006
        It's a local promotion.
        They run Pittsburgh, Butler, and looks like their main shows will be
        in Elizabeth, PA.
        www.iwcwrestling.com

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, jerry self <jjsdc05@y...> wrote:

        > IWC? who is that havent heard of that promotion before, how does
        that differ from wwe?

        > would love to see tna dont get to see them much yet. The
        wrestling goes over well @ dragoncon even without the wrestlers
        doing signing which i would love to see them do.