Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Pittsburgh ComiCon Plan

  • clarke wiggins
    Message 1 of 57 , Feb 25, 2010
      i know what you mean. i had that attitude come off with Adam Hughes. And all i wanted was an autograph. His rep said, can you come back at 5 and get it signed. adam's busy.

      From: Donnie <wildstorm3@yahoo. com>
      Subject: [pittscomicon] Re: Pittsburgh ComiCon Plan
      To: pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 8:10 PM

      Balent is awesomefor doing sketches. I haven't had any real problems with getting sketches from anyone. The only problem I have had was that their list fills up too quickly. I always tried to get one from Caldwell but his list was always filled. I also know what you mean by attitude from some artists like Linsner, Deodato, and Frenz. But at this show I'm going for Balent, Medors, Aspen and Top Cow crews, McDaniel to name a few.

      --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, D Griff <bear100_1999@ ...> wrote:

      > I know what you mean about asking for a sketch except for Jim Balent who is fantastic at doing whatever you want...I asked Terry Austin there one time if you could do a wolverine for me..He took my book and drew a damn Popeye and then he told me after he was done very rudely that he does what he wants and doesn't take request..What an ahole..Frank Cho is another ahole too got the same vibe off Adam Hughes also....But Scott McDaniel is another kool guy like Jim...He did two sketches for me Batman and Hulk...Really awesome guy..I was hoping Jimmy Palimotti and Amanda Conners would be there they are great too..And while your at Broadsword booth...Holly G! does sketches too...George Perez is awesome but don't think he will be there..Tim Bradstreet cool guy don't think he will be there either....The artists are real slim pickings this year..Was hoping for more....I was gonna go the whole weekend like I usually do but think its gonna be a Saturday only time
      > this year....

    • Andrew Harmon
      Message 57 of 57 , Mar 17, 2010
        I received my table information along with an orange flier today so I don't know if that's the one or not :)

        Andrew

        On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 8:21 AM, comiconguy <patlqp@...> wrote:

        Actually Donnie,

        I don't know what the hold up is on the mailer. I've been finished with it for 2 weeks and I expected it to go out last week, but it still hasn't arrived. I'll know more after the staff meeting today.

        P.A.T.