Re: Huge Update incl. GENE COLAN, plus a Special Deal from the Pittsburgh Symphony

  • Brian K
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2010
      Gene "The Dean" Colan! That made my day!!! Cant wait till April :)

> [...]
      >
      > - We are adding over 25+ Guests in this current update and for those of you that missed the 90+ guest update in January in the past month we've added such Comicon Favorites as: Bob Almond, Ed Beard, Jr., David Michael Beck, Patrick and Shelly Block, Tommy Castillo, Dorian, Wayne Faucher, Dan Fraga, Ron Frenz, Bryan J.L. Glass, Scott McDaniel, Josh Medors, Chris Moreno, Rudy Nebres, Pat Olliffe, Stuart Sayger, Chris Yambar and more. For a full guest list visit:www.pittsburghcomicon.com
      >
      > - Plus we've added guests that couldn't make it in 2009 but are ready willing and able for 2010, including
      > David Mack and Steve Scott.
      >
      > - Ghost Rider creator, Gary Friedrich had such a good time at his first Pittsburgh Comicon in September, he couldn't wait to come back in 2010.
      >
      > - and some of my personal favorite guests: Jay Fife, Jamie Fay, David Bancroft and others are returning in 2010. (never let it be said that I'm not willing to shill for my friends!)
      >
      > - We are also currently adding 3 Rudy Nebres pieces to the Charity Auction Page.
      >
      > That is all I have for right now, but let me tell you about a deal being offered by The Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra just for YOU!!!!!!!!!!
      >
      > - Pittsburgh Comicon Newsletter Members Save $5/ticket for Video Games Live: Bonus Round!*
      > Next Week!!!
      > THUR, FEB 11 - 8:00PM and FRI, FEB 12 - 8:00PM at Heinz Hall
      >

      > Gather your family and friends for the show that's taking the orchestra world by storm! Video Games Live Bonus Round returns to Heinz Hall by popular demand with a new program, featuring your favorite music from the most popular video games of all time! Your Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra and the Mendelssohn Choir of Pittsburgh perform along with exclusive video footage, synchronized lighting, solo performers, electronic percussionists, live action and unique audience-interactive segments to create an explosive entertainment experience!
      > www.pittsburghsymphony.org/pghsymph.nsf/concert+listings/CA5EA0A02A2EF7A58525757800607960?opendocument
      >
      > Video Games Live: Bonus Round includes music from Sonic, Final Fantasy VIII, Halo ODST, StarCraft II, Mega Man, BioShock, Mass Effect, Shadow of the Colossus, Assassin's Creed II,‪ and more! Also, new in "Bonus Round," witness the world premiere of a brand-new interactive Guitar Hero segment, new exciting solo performances and live Skype interviews with famous game composers from around the world!
      > www.pittsburghsymphony.org/pghsymph.nsf/concert+listings/CA5EA0A02A2EF7A58525757800607960?opendocument
      >

      > Order your tickets today and save! call 412.392.4900 or visit www.pittsburghsymphony.org
      > When ordering, use code 15395 to save $5/ticket.*
      >

      > *Not valid on previously purchased/held tickets or in conjunction with any other offer. Certain restrictions may apply.

    • forgiona
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 15, 2010
        Yeah, that's big news! But, Gene's getting up there, so it's no guarantee that he'll be con sketching.

        Pat, did you mention Joe Sinnott in the email, that's great news too!

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 15, 2010
          We announced Joe Sinnott in early December. (I had to go back through my updates to be sure, but yes we did announce his appearance and we're very excited about Joe.)

          I'll have more news hopefully by Friday.

          Pat