Physical, Thin, Lithe Male Performer for Creature Role in Orig. Monologue Show

  • rageofthestage
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2009
      Physical, Thin, Lithe Male Performer for Creature Role in Orig. Monologue Show

      Physical, Thin, Lithe Male Performer Sought ASAP for Great Creature Role in Original, Dark Monologue Show

      The Rage of the Stage Players, a Pittsburgh-based theatre group dedicated to alternative and offbeat stage productions including horror, mature fantasy, and dark comedy (and who recently brought you our warped fairy tales Alice's Adventures in "Wonderland" and Dorothy in Oz), is currently seeking a lithe and very physical performer with a knack for characterization to join our original monologue show slated for late May/early June. The show features bizarre monologues which are comedic, graphic, horrific, eerie, and just plain strange.
      The show will feature an ensemble cast of highly adaptable actors and actresses. Physicality, open-mindedness, and a strong sense of creativity are all absolutely essential. We welcome any and all (from Pittsburgh and its surrounding areas only, please) who are intrigued, willing to work, and comfortable with themselves.
      Please note that this is NOT a production for the easily offended. It often features harsh themes including violence and sexual overtones...clearly not appropriate for all audiences, or anyone who is sensitive to controversial material. However, if you've been looking for something different, you enjoy dark and irreverent humor, and you'd like to be a part of an original stage production, this may just be your chance! This particular male role also involves INTENSE character/sfx makeup, so if you have an aversion to that, this isn't for you.
      Rehearsals will be very sporadic throughout the coming months and will take place in the South Park area. It is not an intense time commitment as these monologues are not very long. Please note that we are a voluntary, not-for-profit organization, and all roles are NON-PAID.
      If your interest is piqued, please email a headshot (or recent/clear photo), as well as accurate physical stats (important), and an acting resume, to rageofthestage@.... More details on the specific role may also be given at this time. Auditions will take place on an individual basis, once an actor's physical stats and experience are found to match our needs. Auditions are by appointment, in the South Hills area.
      For more information on our company, and photos from past productions, please go to http://www.myspace.com/rageofthestage