steel city con

    Message 1 of 29 , Dec 2, 2009
      i have a question:  why is the con always on the first weekend of the month?

      im a reservist and thats normally the time when i have to serve. which would mean if i dont take a friday off work i miss the con. fridays are ok but alot of the cool guests dont get there till saturday. i know my base is on orders starting the 4th so im totally boned this year unless i actually get off duty on time i can haul ass over there and make the show for maybe an hour. which is cool but driving like a mad man to get there and paying full price for an hour kinda sucks but i gotta go  lol

      so if anyone see's a 6'6" guy in a military uniform thats probly me
      -bart
      Message 2 of 29 , Dec 2, 2009
        Sorry about your circumstances, But Im really looking forward to this show. I hope you make it

        Message 3 of 29 , Dec 2, 2009
          I'll be there, but there's pretty much no way I'll make Comicon next year. My girlfriend and I are having a baby, and she's due April 17!
          Message 4 of 29 , Dec 2, 2009
            just seems to me they might be missing out on alot of potential money by having it then bc i know im not the only person in the reserves/guard who wants to go.
            i hope i make it to!

            Message 5 of 29 , Dec 3, 2009
              I think we can give you a pass to miss Comicon 2010, but we expect you with baby in tow for Comicon 2011.

              Congrats.

              Patrick