As Promised: The Latest 2010 Comicon Update

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2009
      Hey Folks,

      Here is the latest news about the 2010 show. All the pertinent info is below that will be sent out in the next email update.

      Thanks

      P.A.T.

      ----------------------------------
      Pittsburgh Comicon Update
      ----------------------------------

      Greetings Comiconiacs,

      I promised you an update last week and here it is!!!!!

      I told you last week we had two legendary comic artists to add to our guest list and I gave you a couple clues to their identities.
      Anyone that guessed, Joe Sinnott and Ernie Chan, move to the head of the class.

      Courtesy of our friends at Catskill Comics we are proud to announce, Joe Sinnott will be making his first appearance in the Burgh. Joe has worked on almost every Marvel title imaginable and his inks have appeared over such comic luminaries as: Jack "The King" Kirby, John Buscema and George Perez to name just a few. There is not a more influential inker in all of comicdom.
      (in fact if you have an issue like Avengers Vol. 1 #100, you can have it signed by both Roy Thomas and Joe Sinnott at this year's show!!!)

      Also appearing in Pittsburgh for the first time is comic artist Ernie Chan (Chau). Ernie is best know for his work on Marvel's Conan as well as Batman from DC. He also provided a huge assortment of covers for both the DC and Marvel Universes in the early to mid-Seventies.
      (Ernie is a sentimental favorite of mine because he was the artist of my very first comic, Batman 279. So you'll all have to fight me to be first in line to get an autograph from Ernie.)

      We added others guests this week as well. For a full list of guests visit www.pittsburghcomicon.com

      Also added this week is our very first Auction piece for 2010.
      An incredible Tom Mandrake Spectre that is going to serve as our cover to the 2010 Mailer.
      Thanks to both Tom and Scott Kress of Catskill Comics for this wonderful piece of art.
      Visit www.pittsburghcomicon.com to check out this beautiful Spectre.

      We have a bunch of other irons in the fire for 2010, so stay tuned for more Convention Info in the coming weeks.

      But Remember this WEEKEND is the COMICS WORLD CHRISTMAS SALE
      Thursday - Sunday.
      Everything in the Store is on sale, including:

      50% OFF - ALL BACK ISSUES
      35% OFF - ALL NEW COMICS
      25% OFF - ALL GRAPHIC NOVELS AND COMIC SUPPLIES
      Plus Just in Time for Christmas...... ALL TOYS ARE BUY ONE GET ONE FREE!!!!!
      and Comics World has A HUGE Selection of TOYS!!!!!!

      The Sale is at:
      Comics World (H.Q. of the 2010 Pittsburgh Comicon)
      1002 Graham Ave.
      Windber, PA 15963

      The store hours for the sale will be:
      Thurs. & Friday: 12-8
      Sat. & Sun: 12-5

      I'll be back in touch soon and maybe I'll see you at this weekend's sale,

      Thanx,

      Patrick Thomas
      Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

      Pittsburgh Comicon 2010