Re: Con Pictures Posted & A Hint to A New Guest!

  • leadslingerstudios
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 26, 2009
      Joe Q, duh, he folled Stan into the big seat right?

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Joe Patrick <brandysdad_2000@...> wrote:

      > Hmmm...  not much to go on, with Jack Kirby no long with us and growing up on Marvel I'd go with Jim Shooter which would be a nice tie in considering he was born in Pittsburgh as well.
      >
      > -Joe

    • D Griff
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 26, 2009
        Joe Q was there in 2002 as an unannounced guest. Awesome to see him. Would like to see John Byrne show up but I highly doubt that and if he did he would quit midway though the convention :-)

        Joe Q, duh, he folled Stan into the big seat right?

        --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, Joe Patrick <brandysdad_ 2000@...> wrote:

        > Hmmm...  not much to go on, with Jack Kirby no long with us and growing up on Marvel I'd go with Jim Shooter which would be a nice tie in considering he was born in Pittsburgh as well.
        >
        > -Joe

      • wildstorm3
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 26, 2009
          Todd McFarlane. BEST SPIDEY ARTIST EVER!!!!

          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 27, 2009
            Hellboypi guested correctly with ROY THOMAS.

            He is a "logical choice to follow Stan Lee" because he followed Stan as his successor as E.I.C. of Marvel. Brief highlights of Roy's career, include:
            Marvel E.I.C.
            Writer of the Classic Kree-Skrull War
            Writer of Marvel's Conan, The X-Men, The Defenders, Man-Thing and others.
            Writer of DC's All Star Squadron, Infinity Inc, and much much more.

            Thank You all for playing. (although I'm sorry Hellpoypi got it so soon because I had at least four more clues in mind.)

            You all had some great guesses, but I do want to address one of the guesses while I'm at it. Many of you guessed Ditko. Steve Ditko is a person we have tried to get for sixteen years. He was originally from Johnstown and we have contact with various family members of the legend but conventions just aren't something Steve is interested in doing. Trust me we have tried. He is just a private person and comic conventions would be against his nature. We hope that someday he changes his mind, but after sixteen years of trying, I wouldn't hold my breath.

            Anyway, I'll drop you a line once I get the website updated for 2010.

            Thanks,

            Patrick A. Thomas
            Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "hellboypi" <HELLBOYPI@...> wrote:

            > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "comiconguy" <patlqp@> wrote:
            > > HINT NUMBER ONE: This guest is a logical choice to follow Stan Lee.
            > >
            > > Guess Away,
            > >
            > > Patrick
            > >

            > Well, Roy Thomas makes sense.
            >
            > Or maybe Dick Giordano to add to a possible 25th Crisis Anniversary celebration?

          • Will Crites
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 27, 2009
              Hmmm, Leonard Nimoy.

              Will

              HINT NUMBER ONE: This guest is a logical choice to follow Stan Lee.
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 27, 2009
                that would be "logical"  lol

                In a message dated 9/27/2009 8:45:35 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, megacitytours@... writes:
                Hmmm, Leonard Nimoy.