Re: Con Pictures Posted & A Hint to A New Guest!

  • wildstorm3
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 26, 2009
      How about JIM LEE. logical choice. Same last name. LOL

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Joe Patrick <brandysdad_2000@...> wrote:

      > I initially thought Ditko as well, but from what I've seen he seems to be a pretty private person anymore.  That would be a fantastic grab if it would be Steve Ditko.

    • hellboypi
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 26, 2009
        > HINT NUMBER ONE: This guest is a logical choice to follow Stan Lee.
        >
        > Guess Away,
        >
        > Patrick

        Well, Roy Thomas makes sense.

        Or maybe Dick Giordano to add to a possible 25th Crisis Anniversary celebration?
      • Michael Wood
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 26, 2009
          Waitaminute...You mean you actually convinced Steve Ditko to come out of his apartment?!

          Patrick, you're MAGICAL!

          ; )

          Actually, if Marv Wolfman is coming, you should, logically, get Len Wein.

          To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
          From: patlqp@...
          Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 13:51:39 +0000
          Subject: [pittscomicon] Con Pictures Posted & A Hint to A New Guest!

[...]

        • leadslingerstudios
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 26, 2009
            Joe Q, duh, he folled Stan into the big seat right?

            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Joe Patrick <brandysdad_2000@...> wrote:

            > Hmmm...  not much to go on, with Jack Kirby no long with us and growing up on Marvel I'd go with Jim Shooter which would be a nice tie in considering he was born in Pittsburgh as well.
            >
            > -Joe

          • D Griff
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 26, 2009
              Joe Q was there in 2002 as an unannounced guest. Awesome to see him. Would like to see John Byrne show up but I highly doubt that and if he did he would quit midway though the convention :-)

              Joe Q, duh, he folled Stan into the big seat right?

              --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, Joe Patrick <brandysdad_ 2000@...> wrote:

              > Hmmm...  not much to go on, with Jack Kirby no long with us and growing up on Marvel I'd go with Jim Shooter which would be a nice tie in considering he was born in Pittsburgh as well.
              >
              > -Joe

            • wildstorm3
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 26, 2009
                Todd McFarlane. BEST SPIDEY ARTIST EVER!!!!

                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 27, 2009
                  Hellboypi guested correctly with ROY THOMAS.

                  He is a "logical choice to follow Stan Lee" because he followed Stan as his successor as E.I.C. of Marvel. Brief highlights of Roy's career, include:
                  Marvel E.I.C.
                  Writer of the Classic Kree-Skrull War
                  Writer of Marvel's Conan, The X-Men, The Defenders, Man-Thing and others.
                  Writer of DC's All Star Squadron, Infinity Inc, and much much more.

                  Thank You all for playing. (although I'm sorry Hellpoypi got it so soon because I had at least four more clues in mind.)

                  You all had some great guesses, but I do want to address one of the guesses while I'm at it. Many of you guessed Ditko. Steve Ditko is a person we have tried to get for sixteen years. He was originally from Johnstown and we have contact with various family members of the legend but conventions just aren't something Steve is interested in doing. Trust me we have tried. He is just a private person and comic conventions would be against his nature. We hope that someday he changes his mind, but after sixteen years of trying, I wouldn't hold my breath.

                  Anyway, I'll drop you a line once I get the website updated for 2010.

                  Thanks,

                  Patrick A. Thomas
                  Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

                  --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "hellboypi" <HELLBOYPI@...> wrote:

                  > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "comiconguy" <patlqp@> wrote:
                  > > HINT NUMBER ONE: This guest is a logical choice to follow Stan Lee.
                  > >
                  > > Guess Away,
                  > >
                  > > Patrick
                  > >

                  > Well, Roy Thomas makes sense.
                  >
                  > Or maybe Dick Giordano to add to a possible 25th Crisis Anniversary celebration?

                • Will Crites
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 27, 2009
                    Hmmm, Leonard Nimoy.

                    Will

                    HINT NUMBER ONE: This guest is a logical choice to follow Stan Lee.
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 27, 2009
                      that would be "logical"  lol

                      In a message dated 9/27/2009 8:45:35 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, megacitytours@... writes:
                      Hmmm, Leonard Nimoy.