Con Pictures Posted & A Hint to A New Guest!

    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 26, 2009
      Hey Guys and Gals,

      I wanted to drop you a line to let you know that the pictures from 2009 are now in the Gallery on the Pittsburgh Comicon Website. (I don't know what the hold up was, but they are up now.) Thank you to Paul S. Brittain, Andrew Harmon, Chris Knuth, J.M. Manion and Chris Underwood for contributing pictures for the picture gallery.

      Now that all the official duties for Comicon 2009 are over, it's time to start gearing up for 2010. Next week I'll start retooling the website for the April show. We'll start uploading guests and more. If you received a 2009 Program Book, you'll know the first wave of guests that will be going up on the site includes, Marv Wolfman, Tom Mandrake, Jim Balent, Joe Linsner, Joe Benitez, Monte Moore, Superman's Margot Kidder and Star Wars' Nalini Krishan and Delmot Crowley.

      I'll also be announcing ONE MORE GUEST in the first wave, and instead of just blurting out this NEW GUEST, I've decided I'd drop hints here on the message board while I get the 2010 update prepared. The first person to identify the new guest will win, well......nothing. But hey, It will be fun. (I hope)

      Anyway here is the first hint,

      HINT NUMBER ONE: This guest is a logical choice to follow Stan Lee.

      If no one guesses correctly, I'll post a new hint on Monday. (and don't over think this, this ain't the Divinci Code and I'm just not that clever.)

      Guess Away,

      Patrick
    • Joe Patrick
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 26, 2009
        Hmmm...  not much to go on, with Jack Kirby no long with us and growing up on Marvel I'd go with Jim Shooter which would be a nice tie in considering he was born in Pittsburgh as well.

        -Joe

        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 26, 2009
          Buscema?

          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 26, 2009
            I'm thinking Steve Ditko. He worked on Spider-man with Lee and s from Johnstown.

            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Joe Patrick <brandysdad_2000@...> wrote:

            > Hmmm...  not much to go on, with Jack Kirby no long with us and growing up on Marvel I'd go with Jim Shooter which would be a nice tie in considering he was born in Pittsburgh as well.
            >
            > -Joe

          • Joe Patrick
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 26, 2009
              I initially thought Ditko as well, but from what I've seen he seems to be a pretty private person anymore.  That would be a fantastic grab if it would be Steve Ditko.

              I'm thinking Steve Ditko. He worked on Spider-man with Lee and s from Johnstown.

              --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, Joe Patrick <brandysdad_ 2000@...> wrote:

              > Hmmm...  not much to go on, with Jack Kirby no long with us and growing up on Marvel I'd go with Jim Shooter which would be a nice tie in considering he was born in Pittsburgh as well.
              >
              > -Joe

            • wildstorm3
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 26, 2009
                How about JIM LEE. logical choice. Same last name. LOL

                --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Joe Patrick <brandysdad_2000@...> wrote:

                > I initially thought Ditko as well, but from what I've seen he seems to be a pretty private person anymore.  That would be a fantastic grab if it would be Steve Ditko.

              • hellboypi
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 26, 2009
                  > HINT NUMBER ONE: This guest is a logical choice to follow Stan Lee.
                  >
                  > Guess Away,
                  >
                  > Patrick

                  Well, Roy Thomas makes sense.

                  Or maybe Dick Giordano to add to a possible 25th Crisis Anniversary celebration?
                • Michael Wood
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 26, 2009
                    Waitaminute...You mean you actually convinced Steve Ditko to come out of his apartment?!

                    Patrick, you're MAGICAL!

                    ; )

                    Actually, if Marv Wolfman is coming, you should, logically, get Len Wein.

                    To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
                    From: patlqp@...
                    Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 13:51:39 +0000

[...]

                  • leadslingerstudios
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 26, 2009
                      Joe Q, duh, he folled Stan into the big seat right?

                      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Joe Patrick <brandysdad_2000@...> wrote:

                      > Hmmm...  not much to go on, with Jack Kirby no long with us and growing up on Marvel I'd go with Jim Shooter which would be a nice tie in considering he was born in Pittsburgh as well.
                      >
                      > -Joe

                    • D Griff
                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 26, 2009
                        Joe Q was there in 2002 as an unannounced guest. Awesome to see him. Would like to see John Byrne show up but I highly doubt that and if he did he would quit midway though the convention :-)

                        Joe Q, duh, he folled Stan into the big seat right?

                        --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, Joe Patrick <brandysdad_ 2000@...> wrote:

                        > Hmmm...  not much to go on, with Jack Kirby no long with us and growing up on Marvel I'd go with Jim Shooter which would be a nice tie in considering he was born in Pittsburgh as well.
                        >
                        > -Joe

                      • wildstorm3
                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 26, 2009
                          Todd McFarlane. BEST SPIDEY ARTIST EVER!!!!

                          Message 12 of 14 , Sep 27, 2009
                            Hellboypi guested correctly with ROY THOMAS.

                            He is a "logical choice to follow Stan Lee" because he followed Stan as his successor as E.I.C. of Marvel. Brief highlights of Roy's career, include:
                            Marvel E.I.C.
                            Writer of the Classic Kree-Skrull War
                            Writer of Marvel's Conan, The X-Men, The Defenders, Man-Thing and others.
                            Writer of DC's All Star Squadron, Infinity Inc, and much much more.

                            Thank You all for playing. (although I'm sorry Hellpoypi got it so soon because I had at least four more clues in mind.)

                            You all had some great guesses, but I do want to address one of the guesses while I'm at it. Many of you guessed Ditko. Steve Ditko is a person we have tried to get for sixteen years. He was originally from Johnstown and we have contact with various family members of the legend but conventions just aren't something Steve is interested in doing. Trust me we have tried. He is just a private person and comic conventions would be against his nature. We hope that someday he changes his mind, but after sixteen years of trying, I wouldn't hold my breath.

                            Anyway, I'll drop you a line once I get the website updated for 2010.

                            Thanks,

                            Patrick A. Thomas
                            Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

                            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "hellboypi" <HELLBOYPI@...> wrote:

                            > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "comiconguy" <patlqp@> wrote:
                            > > HINT NUMBER ONE: This guest is a logical choice to follow Stan Lee.
                            > >
                            > > Guess Away,
                            > >
                            > > Patrick
                            > >

                            > Well, Roy Thomas makes sense.
                            >
                            > Or maybe Dick Giordano to add to a possible 25th Crisis Anniversary celebration?

                          • Will Crites
                            Message 13 of 14 , Sep 27, 2009
                              Hmmm, Leonard Nimoy.

                              Will

                              HINT NUMBER ONE: This guest is a logical choice to follow Stan Lee.
                              Message 14 of 14 , Sep 27, 2009
                                that would be "logical"  lol

                                In a message dated 9/27/2009 8:45:35 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, megacitytours@... writes:
                                Hmmm, Leonard Nimoy.