Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Suggestions of Guest

  • Shawn Williams
    Message 1 of 28 , Sep 17, 2009
      Another great guest is Erin Gray (Col. Wilma Deering from Buck
      Rogers). Not only is she still gorgeous, but she's a lot of fun to
      talk to and just a pleasant person all around. On top of that, she
      actually handles the bookings for a lot of other talent - I know she
      was responsible for getting a number of other guests in Philly
      (Herbert Jefferson, Jr. - Boomer from the original BSG is handled by
      her).

      Any of the Buffy people would be good, too. I wonder if any of the
      folks from Warehouse 13 do cons? Saul Rubinek has been in a number of
      good sci-fi shows, he'd be a great draw.

      On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 11:08 PM, History
      <thehistoryfollower@...> wrote:

      > I do agree with staying 'true' to the comic part of the con, or at least nerd focused. Though as for wrestling I would love to see Kaiju Big Battle. Just not sure if they could really fit into the center for a good show. http://www.kaiju.com/
      >
      > Nathan Fillion is bit of a nerd himself and loves doing cons, so it might not be out the realm of possibility to get him. He would be a guest who covers Firefly, Buffy, and voice acting in animation.
      >
      > Anyways, there a number of VAs who live the New York area working on anime and cartoons. I can give you a few of their websites if you want. I also know of three who live in Virginia.
      >
      > Found the guy who played Captain Marval in the live action TV back in the '70s. http://www.jacksonbostwick.com/
      >
      > My personal dream (hehe you'll get it in a sec) guests who is probably to far out there would be Neil Gaiman and Dave Mckean. (get it now)
      >
      > I'd also like to see some people in the table top gaming industry and more, or at least better, on the music side of things. Maybe someone from the Funny Music Project. http://www.thefump.com/
      >
      > By the way just so you know, I work with other cons and am always on the look out for websites of possible people to contact as guests. That's why I know about the sites I do.
      >
      > > In a message dated 9/16/2009 8:46:44 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      > > kwip@... writes:
      > >
      > > Amen to the Browncoats - they have a HUGE following, and would be
      > > perfect for this audience. Likewise voice actors (or even regular
      > > actors from sci-fi/fantasy features). I'm much more hesitant about the wrestlers, reality tv stars, MMA fighters, anyone involved in Twilight. One of my favorite things about Pitt is that it is a *comics* con, not a popular media flavor-of-the-*comics* con, not a popul did miss Fat Momma!) I don't know, I don't mean to be a nerd elitist, but with every other con focusing more on that stuff, it just makes Pittsburgh shine that much brighter to me.
      > >
      > > On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Joe Patrick <_brandysdad_2000@brandysda_
      > > (mailto:brandysdad_2000@...) > wrote:
      > > >
      > Any 'Browncoat' from Firefly, preferably either Jewel Staite or Summer Glau, but even Ron Glass or Alan Tudyk if any are available. Even though the show didnt last for an entire season, there is a very loyal following for the show and the actors that were on it.
      > > >
      > > > --- On Wed, 9/16/09, clarke wiggins <_gcwiggs@..._
      > > (mailto:gcwiggs@...) > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > From: clarke wiggins <_gcwiggs@..._ (mailto:gcwiggs@...) >
      > > > Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Suggestions of Guest
      > > > To: _pittscomicon@pittscomiconpit_ (mailto:pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com)
      > > > Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 8:04 AM
      > > >
      > > > Of course Charisma Carpenter is a cutie too.
      > > >
      > > > ____________ ____ ____

    • Joe Patrick
      Message 2 of 28 , Sep 17, 2009
        Erin Gray (~drool~)   She was my first big crush growing up.  I remember rushing home from band rehearsals to watch Buck Rogers just to see her.  I recently have been watching the shows again on the Retro TV Network and can't believe how cheesy the show was, but Ms Gray in those skin tight outfits reminds me why I kept watching. lol   I was so disappointed I wasn't able to get to the last Tiki-con up in Cleveland in July to meet her as we were on vacation.

        Message 3 of 28 , Sep 17, 2009
          Heh - it's funny, I interviewed her for the N3RDCast, and that's one
          of the things she talks about all the time, how she recognizes the
          'look' in guys eyes of a certain age when they spot her, and how they
          all tell her she 'helped' them 'grow' into adulthood. ;) She's really
          a funny lady and great to talk to. And did I mention still gorgeous?
          ;P

          A lot of the stars from the new BSG do the con loop, too. Even some of
          the bigger names, Edward James Olmos and Michael Hogan are out there -
          but even smaller names, like the adorable Nicki Clyne, would be good
          guests.

        • jencomx3@aol.com
          Message 4 of 28 , Sep 17, 2009
            erin was at the show a few years ago and a real treat to talk with!

          • clarke wiggins
            Message 5 of 28 , Sep 17, 2009
              3 words, Erin Gray Rocks. I'd like to meet her.

> [...]

              > > On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Joe Patrick <_brandysdad_ 2000@brandysda_
              > > (mailto:brandysdad_ 2000@...) > wrote:
              > > >
              > Any 'Browncoat' from Firefly, preferably either Jewel Staite or Summer Glau, but even Ron Glass or Alan Tudyk if any are available. Even though the show didnt last for an entire season, there is a very loyal following for the show and the actors that were on it.
              > > >
              > > > --- On Wed, 9/16/09, clarke wiggins <_gcwiggs@.. ._
              > > (mailto:gcwiggs@ ...) > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > From: clarke wiggins <_gcwiggs@.. ._ (mailto:gcwiggs@ ...) >
              > > > Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Suggestions of Guest
              > > > To: _pittscomicon@ pittscomiconpit_ (mailto:pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com)
              > > > Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 8:04 AM
              > > >
              > > > Of course Charisma Carpenter is a cutie too.

            • Don Pedicini Jr.
              Message 6 of 28 , Sep 17, 2009
                when I met her she was very nice and eager to talk to people and was very appreciative of people coming out to meet her. Class Act!

                Don Pedicini Jr.
                www.donpedicinijr.blogspot.com

> [...]

                > > On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Joe Patrick <_brandysdad_ 2000@brandysda_
                > > (mailto:brandysdad_ 2000@...) > wrote:
                > > >
                > Any 'Browncoat' from Firefly, preferably either Jewel Staite or Summer Glau, but even Ron Glass or Alan Tudyk if any are available. Even though the show didnt last for an entire season, there is a very loyal following for the show and the actors that were on it.
                > > >
                > > > --- On Wed, 9/16/09, clarke wiggins <_gcwiggs@.. ._
                > > (mailto:gcwiggs@ ...) > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > From: clarke wiggins <_gcwiggs@.. ._ (mailto:gcwiggs@ ...) >
                > > > Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Suggestions of Guest
                > > > To: _pittscomicon@ pittscomiconpit_ (mailto:pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com)
                > > > Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 8:04 AM
                > > >
                > > > Of course Charisma Carpenter is a cutie too.

              • James Rowe
                Message 7 of 28 , Sep 17, 2009
                  I always recalled buck rodgers with fondness, and I remeber she was in "silver spoons" a while back.

                  Darth Stewie

                  James

> [...]

                  > > On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Joe Patrick <_brandysdad_ 2000@brandysda_
                  > > (mailto:brandysdad_ 2000@...) > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > Any 'Browncoat' from Firefly, preferably either Jewel Staite or Summer Glau, but even Ron Glass or Alan Tudyk if any are available. Even though the show didnt last for an entire season, there is a very loyal following for the show and the actors that were on it.
                  > > >
                  > > > --- On Wed, 9/16/09, clarke wiggins <_gcwiggs@.. ._
                  > > (mailto:gcwiggs@ ...) > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > From: clarke wiggins <_gcwiggs@.. ._ (mailto:gcwiggs@ ...) >
                  > > > Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Suggestions of Guest
                  > > > To: _pittscomicon@ pittscomiconpit_ (mailto:pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com)
                  > > > Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 8:04 AM
                  > > >
                  > > > Of course Charisma Carpenter is a cutie too.

                • sinicallytwisted
                  Message 8 of 28 , Sep 17, 2009
                    Jim Balent & Holly G! *bats eyelashes* hehehe ;0)

                    Much Love!
                    ~SIN
                  • D Griff
                    Message 9 of 28 , Sep 17, 2009
                      100% agree...The only reason I ever go

                      Message 10 of 28 , Sep 17, 2009
                        she was in p-burgh awhile back,  she got lost and i helped her out. then we made out! ok not totally true

> [...]

                        > > On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Joe Patrick <_brandysdad_ 2000@brandysda_
                        > > (mailto:brandysdad_ 2000@...) > wrote:
                        > > >
                        > Any 'Browncoat' from Firefly, preferably either Jewel Staite or Summer Glau, but even Ron Glass or Alan Tudyk if any are available. Even though the show didnt last for an entire season, there is a very loyal following for the show and the actors that were on it.
                        > > >
                        > > > --- On Wed, 9/16/09, clarke wiggins <_gcwiggs@.. ._
                        > > (mailto:gcwiggs@ ...) > wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > From: clarke wiggins <_gcwiggs@.. ._ (mailto:gcwiggs@ ...) >
                        > > > Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Suggestions of Guest
                        > > > To: _pittscomicon@ pittscomiconpit_ (mailto:pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com)
                        > > > Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 8:04 AM
                        > > >
                        > > > Of course Charisma Carpenter is a cutie too.

                      • Will Crites
                        Message 11 of 28 , Sep 17, 2009
                          How about Sinically Twisted aka Amy Fletcher :)

                          Will