Suggestions of Guest

  • sugarlandkid13
    Message 1 of 28 , Sep 15, 2009
      I would like to see more women artist and writers.

      Gail Simone
      Amanda Conner
      Devon Grayson
      Christina Z.

      I would also like to see more of minorities artists/writers and have a panel on their experiences.

      Dwayane McDuffie
      Eric Battle
      Alex Simmons
      Hudlin

      As far as media guests:
      Any of the Buffy and Angel Cast especially Charisma Carpenter
      In the past we hade an Adult Section more of the pin-up models, and adult theme books would be a nice return
      Some of the voice actors of favorite cartoons old and new

      Since you were asking
    • clarke wiggins
      Message 2 of 28 , Sep 15, 2009
        that sounds like a good idea. How about Allison Mack?

        Message 3 of 28 , Sep 15, 2009
          I would like to see more companies coming and represent. I liked it when Top Cow showed up with Filip Sabalik and also when Aspen showed with and without Turner. I wish that we can get at least one of the founding members of Image.

          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, clarke wiggins <gcwiggs@...> wrote:

          > that sounds like a good idea. How about Allison Mack?
          >

          > ________________________________

        • cosmicboy_76
          Message 4 of 28 , Sep 15, 2009
            I agree, it was great when more companies were present. I miss the days when DC Comics set up a booth with previews of upcoming issues, or when Wizard Magazine had their little wheel of prizes. As for guest suggestions, any chance of getting Ron Perlman? I also liked the suggestion of getting voice-over artists, maybe doing a panel on how to get into the biz? I'd love to meet Tara Strong.
          • wildstorm3
            Message 5 of 28 , Sep 15, 2009
              I would like to see EG Daily. Had a crush on her ever since I first saw her in Pee Wees big Adventure.

              Message 6 of 28 , Sep 16, 2009
                Just to comment on some of the suggestions,

                We've been in contact with at least one of the companies discussed about setting up in April and the wheels are in motion. (and there is another that was suggested that we may be able to swing if the Pirates are in town that weekend. LOOOONG STORY!)

                We plan on utilizing the space in the south hall to its upmost at the April show. Because we needed a large space for the Stan Lee signing, we weren't able to utilize it to its full potential, but I think you'll like the addition to many more booths in April.

                Keep the suggestions coming. We'll take any and all into consideration.

                Patrick
                Message 7 of 28 , Sep 16, 2009
                  cool

                  Message 8 of 28 , Sep 16, 2009
                    Of course i might be dreaming, but how about somebody from Marvel or DC? with a booth for either. Imagine the crowd that would be attracted to that.

                    I would like to see more companies coming and represent. I liked it when Top Cow showed up with Filip Sabalik and also when Aspen showed with and without Turner. I wish that we can get at least one of the founding members of Image.

                    --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, clarke wiggins <gcwiggs@... > wrote:

                    > that sounds like a good idea. How about Allison Mack?
                    >

                    > ____________ _________ _________ __

                  • clarke wiggins
                    Message 9 of 28 , Sep 16, 2009
                      Of course Charisma Carpenter is a cutie too.

                      I would like to see EG Daily. Had a crush on her ever since I first saw her in Pee Wees big Adventure.

                      --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "cosmicboy_76" <cosmicboy_76@ ...> wrote:

                      > I agree, it was great when more companies were present. I miss the days when DC Comics set up a booth with previews of upcoming issues, or when Wizard Magazine had their little wheel of prizes. As for guest suggestions, any chance of getting Ron Perlman? I also liked the suggestion of getting voice-over artists, maybe doing a panel on how to get into the biz? I'd love to meet Tara Strong.

                    • Joe Patrick
                      Message 10 of 28 , Sep 16, 2009
                        Any 'Browncoat' from Firefly, preferably either Jewel Staite or Summer Glau, but even Ron Glass or Alan Tudyk if any are available.  Even though the show didnt last for an entire season, there is a very loyal following for the show and the actors that were on it.

                        Of course Charisma Carpenter is a cutie too.

                        Message 11 of 28 , Sep 16, 2009
                          Amen to the Browncoats - they have a HUGE following, and would be
                          perfect for this audience. Likewise voice actors (or even regular
                          actors from sci-fi/fantasy features). I'm much more hesitant about the
                          wrestlers, reality tv stars, MMA fighters, anyone involved in
                          Twilight. One of my favorite things about Pitt is that it is a
                          *comics* con, not a popular media flavor-of-the-week con. (Although I
                          did miss Fat Momma!) I don't know, I don't mean to be a nerd elitist,
                          but with every other con focusing more on that stuff, it just makes
                          Pittsburgh shine that much brighter to me.

                          Message 12 of 28 , Sep 16, 2009
                            I have to agree with some of what Shawn said.  I personally wouldnt be interested in any wrestlers, or reality show folks showing up.  To me, that doesnt fit the 'spirit' of the con and is something that Steel City seems to do anyway for those that prefer those types of guests.  The idea of voice actors is fantastic and something I hadn't thought of.  DC has been producing some outstanding animated movies recently and I hear the next one on the horizon from them will deal with the Crisis on Infinite Earths storyline.

                            -Joe

                            Message 13 of 28 , Sep 16, 2009
                              i agree. i don't think wrestlers would be a good idea, but something like people from shows like Smallville, or something like that might work.

                            • dlanning75@yahoo.com
                              Message 14 of 28 , Sep 16, 2009
                                A wrestling show has worked well for other cons, maybe they should have one there as well.

                                From: clarke wiggins
                                Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 09:50:03 -0700 (PDT)
                                To: <pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com>

                              • sjharvey9@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 28 , Sep 16, 2009
                                  How about bringing back someone from Farscape??

                                  In a message dated 9/16/2009 8:46:44 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, kwip@... writes:

                                  Amen to the Browncoats - they have a HUGE following, and would be
                                  perfect for this audience. Likewise voice actors (or even regular
                                  actors from sci-fi/fantasy features). I'm much more hesitant about the
                                  wrestlers, reality tv stars, MMA fighters, anyone involved in
                                  Twilight. One of my favorite things about Pitt is that it is a
                                  *comics* con, not a popular media flavor-of-the- week con. (Although I
                                  did miss Fat Momma!) I don't know, I don't mean to be a nerd elitist,
                                  but with every other con focusing more on that stuff, it just makes
                                  Pittsburgh shine that much brighter to me.

                                  On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Joe Patrick <brandysdad_2000@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                                  > Any 'Browncoat' from Firefly, preferably either Jewel Staite or Summer Glau, but even Ron Glass or Alan Tudyk if any are available.  Even though the show didnt last for an entire season, there is a very loyal following for the show and the actors that were on it.

                                • History
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Sep 16, 2009
                                    I do agree with staying 'true' to the comic part of the con, or at least nerd focused. Though as for wrestling I would love to see Kaiju Big Battle. Just not sure if they could really fit into the center for a good show. http://www.kaiju.com/

                                    Nathan Fillion is bit of a nerd himself and loves doing cons, so it might not be out the realm of possibility to get him. He would be a guest who covers Firefly, Buffy, and voice acting in animation.

                                    Anyways, there a number of VAs who live the New York area working on anime and cartoons. I can give you a few of their websites if you want. I also know of three who live in Virginia.

                                    Found the guy who played Captain Marval in the live action TV back in the '70s. http://www.jacksonbostwick.com/

                                    My personal dream (hehe you'll get it in a sec) guests who is probably to far out there would be Neil Gaiman and Dave Mckean. (get it now)

                                    I'd also like to see some people in the table top gaming industry and more, or at least better, on the music side of things. Maybe someone from the Funny Music Project. http://www.thefump.com/

                                    By the way just so you know, I work with other cons and am always on the look out for websites of possible people to contact as guests. That's why I know about the sites I do.

                                    > In a message dated 9/16/2009 8:46:44 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                                    > kwip@... writes:
                                    >
                                    > Amen to the Browncoats - they have a HUGE following, and would be
                                    > perfect for this audience. Likewise voice actors (or even regular
                                    > actors from sci-fi/fantasy features). I'm much more hesitant about the wrestlers, reality tv stars, MMA fighters, anyone involved in Twilight. One of my favorite things about Pitt is that it is a *comics* con, not a popular media flavor-of-the-*comics* con, not a popul did miss Fat Momma!) I don't know, I don't mean to be a nerd elitist, but with every other con focusing more on that stuff, it just makes Pittsburgh shine that much brighter to me.
                                    >
                                    > On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Joe Patrick <_brandysdad_2000@brandysda_
                                    > (mailto:brandysdad_2000@...) > wrote:

                                    Any 'Browncoat' from Firefly, preferably either Jewel Staite or Summer Glau, but even Ron Glass or Alan Tudyk if any are available. Even though the show didnt last for an entire season, there is a very loyal following for the show and the actors that were on it.

                                    > > --- On Wed, 9/16/09, clarke wiggins <_gcwiggs@..._
                                    > (mailto:gcwiggs@...) > wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > From: clarke wiggins <_gcwiggs@..._ (mailto:gcwiggs@...) >
                                    > > Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Suggestions of Guest
                                    > > To: _pittscomicon@pittscomiconpit_ (mailto:pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com)
                                    > > Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 8:04 AM
                                    > >
                                    > > Of course Charisma Carpenter is a cutie too.
                                    > >
                                    > > ____________ ____ ____

                                  • Andrew Harmon
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Sep 17, 2009
                                      How about Nei Ruffino?
                                    • Shawn Williams
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Sep 17, 2009
                                        Another great guest is Erin Gray (Col. Wilma Deering from Buck
                                        Rogers). Not only is she still gorgeous, but she's a lot of fun to
                                        talk to and just a pleasant person all around. On top of that, she
                                        actually handles the bookings for a lot of other talent - I know she
                                        was responsible for getting a number of other guests in Philly
                                        (Herbert Jefferson, Jr. - Boomer from the original BSG is handled by
                                        her).

                                        Any of the Buffy people would be good, too. I wonder if any of the
                                        folks from Warehouse 13 do cons? Saul Rubinek has been in a number of
                                        good sci-fi shows, he'd be a great draw.

                                        Message 19 of 28 , Sep 17, 2009
                                          Erin Gray (~drool~)   She was my first big crush growing up.  I remember rushing home from band rehearsals to watch Buck Rogers just to see her.  I recently have been watching the shows again on the Retro TV Network and can't believe how cheesy the show was, but Ms Gray in those skin tight outfits reminds me why I kept watching. lol   I was so disappointed I wasn't able to get to the last Tiki-con up in Cleveland in July to meet her as we were on vacation.

                                          Message 20 of 28 , Sep 17, 2009
                                            Heh - it's funny, I interviewed her for the N3RDCast, and that's one
                                            of the things she talks about all the time, how she recognizes the
                                            'look' in guys eyes of a certain age when they spot her, and how they
                                            all tell her she 'helped' them 'grow' into adulthood. ;) She's really
                                            a funny lady and great to talk to. And did I mention still gorgeous?
                                            ;P

                                            A lot of the stars from the new BSG do the con loop, too. Even some of
                                            the bigger names, Edward James Olmos and Michael Hogan are out there -
                                            but even smaller names, like the adorable Nicki Clyne, would be good
                                            guests.

                                          • jencomx3@aol.com
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Sep 17, 2009
                                              erin was at the show a few years ago and a real treat to talk with!

                                            • clarke wiggins
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Sep 17, 2009
                                                3 words, Erin Gray Rocks. I'd like to meet her.

> [...]

                                                > > On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Joe Patrick <_brandysdad_ 2000@brandysda_
                                                > > (mailto:brandysdad_ 2000@...) > wrote:
                                                > > >
                                                > Any 'Browncoat' from Firefly, preferably either Jewel Staite or Summer Glau, but even Ron Glass or Alan Tudyk if any are available. Even though the show didnt last for an entire season, there is a very loyal following for the show and the actors that were on it.
                                                > > >
                                                > > > --- On Wed, 9/16/09, clarke wiggins <_gcwiggs@.. ._
                                                > > (mailto:gcwiggs@ ...) > wrote:
                                                > > >
                                                > > > From: clarke wiggins <_gcwiggs@.. ._ (mailto:gcwiggs@ ...) >
                                                > > > Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Suggestions of Guest
                                                > > > To: _pittscomicon@ pittscomiconpit_ (mailto:pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com)
                                                > > > Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 8:04 AM
                                                > > >
                                                > > > Of course Charisma Carpenter is a cutie too.

                                              • Don Pedicini Jr.
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Sep 17, 2009
                                                  when I met her she was very nice and eager to talk to people and was very appreciative of people coming out to meet her. Class Act!

                                                  Don Pedicini Jr.
                                                  www.donpedicinijr.blogspot.com

> [...]

                                                  > > On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Joe Patrick <_brandysdad_ 2000@brandysda_
                                                  > > (mailto:brandysdad_ 2000@...) > wrote:
                                                  > > >
                                                  > Any 'Browncoat' from Firefly, preferably either Jewel Staite or Summer Glau, but even Ron Glass or Alan Tudyk if any are available. Even though the show didnt last for an entire season, there is a very loyal following for the show and the actors that were on it.
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > --- On Wed, 9/16/09, clarke wiggins <_gcwiggs@.. ._
                                                  > > (mailto:gcwiggs@ ...) > wrote:
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > From: clarke wiggins <_gcwiggs@.. ._ (mailto:gcwiggs@ ...) >
                                                  > > > Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Suggestions of Guest
                                                  > > > To: _pittscomicon@ pittscomiconpit_ (mailto:pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com)
                                                  > > > Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 8:04 AM
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > Of course Charisma Carpenter is a cutie too.

                                                • James Rowe
                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Sep 17, 2009
                                                    I always recalled buck rodgers with fondness, and I remeber she was in "silver spoons" a while back.

                                                    Darth Stewie

                                                    James

> [...]

                                                    > > On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Joe Patrick <_brandysdad_ 2000@brandysda_
                                                    > > (mailto:brandysdad_ 2000@...) > wrote:
                                                    > > >
                                                    > Any 'Browncoat' from Firefly, preferably either Jewel Staite or Summer Glau, but even Ron Glass or Alan Tudyk if any are available. Even though the show didnt last for an entire season, there is a very loyal following for the show and the actors that were on it.
                                                    > > >
                                                    > > > --- On Wed, 9/16/09, clarke wiggins <_gcwiggs@.. ._
                                                    > > (mailto:gcwiggs@ ...) > wrote:
                                                    > > >
                                                    > > > From: clarke wiggins <_gcwiggs@.. ._ (mailto:gcwiggs@ ...) >
                                                    > > > Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Suggestions of Guest
                                                    > > > To: _pittscomicon@ pittscomiconpit_ (mailto:pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com)
                                                    > > > Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 8:04 AM
                                                    > > >
                                                    > > > Of course Charisma Carpenter is a cutie too.

                                                  • sinicallytwisted
                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Sep 17, 2009
                                                      Jim Balent & Holly G! *bats eyelashes* hehehe ;0)

                                                      Much Love!
                                                      ~SIN
                                                    • D Griff
                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Sep 17, 2009
                                                        100% agree...The only reason I ever go

                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Sep 17, 2009
                                                          she was in p-burgh awhile back,  she got lost and i helped her out. then we made out! ok not totally true

> [...]

                                                          > > On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Joe Patrick <_brandysdad_ 2000@brandysda_
                                                          > > (mailto:brandysdad_ 2000@...) > wrote:
                                                          > > >
                                                          > Any 'Browncoat' from Firefly, preferably either Jewel Staite or Summer Glau, but even Ron Glass or Alan Tudyk if any are available. Even though the show didnt last for an entire season, there is a very loyal following for the show and the actors that were on it.
                                                          > > >
                                                          > > > --- On Wed, 9/16/09, clarke wiggins <_gcwiggs@.. ._
                                                          > > (mailto:gcwiggs@ ...) > wrote:
                                                          > > >
                                                          > > > From: clarke wiggins <_gcwiggs@.. ._ (mailto:gcwiggs@ ...) >
                                                          > > > Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Suggestions of Guest
                                                          > > > To: _pittscomicon@ pittscomiconpit_ (mailto:pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com)
                                                          > > > Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 8:04 AM
                                                          > > >
                                                          > > > Of course Charisma Carpenter is a cutie too.

                                                        • Will Crites
                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Sep 17, 2009
                                                            How about Sinically Twisted aka Amy Fletcher :)

                                                            Will