Re: [pittscomicon] Suggestions for next show

  • James Rowe
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 15, 2009
      I'd love to see Peter David or even JMS.

      Darth Stewie

      James

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 15, 2009
        Actually, Frank Miller did come to the Pittsburgh Comicon a few years ago and actually was very awesome to meet .. he signed my Dark Knight Returns hardcover, posed for a picture with me, and joked that I'd better take my wife out for a really nice dinner after making her stand in such a long line just to meet him!   =)

        Also, I would love to see Mike Deodato back at the Con .. yes, I know he's an artist, but an incredible artist and a very gracious person.  I found him to be very appreciative of his fans, as he took the time to sign an entire box of his work for me (I left it there and he signed every one of them throughout the day when there were not others at his table) and even slipped in an Elektra sketch.  He would also be an excellent addition to the next show.

        Besides Frank Miller again, as far as a writer, I would have to say Chris Claremont.

        I would like to see more writers at the show. The artists are great, don't get me wrong, but writers are the first half of a book. Talking with Sean McKeever was great. I would love to see Bendis to return.

        Who would you like to see at the show? Let's be reasonable now. You know that people like Jim Lee or Frank Miller will never come.

      • clarke wiggins
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 15, 2009
          or Judd Winick.

[...]

        • macbeaner0998
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 15, 2009
            Some of the big name Cons have Fantasy/paranormal/urban fantasy/sci-fi authors at them. Such as Jim Butcher, Kat Richardson, Caitlin Kittredge, and Anton Strout, , just to name a few.

            It would be cool to see authors in the above genres at Con

            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "wildstorm3" <wildstorm3@...> wrote:

            > I would like to see more writers at the show. The artists are great, don't get me wrong, but writers are the first half of a book. Talking with Sean McKeever was great. I would love to see Bendis to return.
            >
            > Who would you like to see at the show? Let's be reasonable now. You know that people like Jim Lee or Frank Miller will never come.

          • wildstorm3
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 23, 2009
              I noticed in the e-mail that was sent out that Marv Wolfman was going to attend. If you can get George Perez... I mean, it is the 25th anniversary of Crisis on Infinite Earths...