Suggestions for next show

  • wildstorm3
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 14, 2009
      I would like to see more writers at the show. The artists are great, don't get me wrong, but writers are the first half of a book. Talking with Sean McKeever was great. I would love to see Bendis to return.

      Who would you like to see at the show? Let's be reasonable now. You know that people like Jim Lee or Frank Miller will never come.
    • G.W.
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 14, 2009
        They got Mark Waid a few years ago, that was nice. Frank Tieri comes to mind as someone I'd like to meet.

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 14, 2009
          Larry Hama.
          not just bc i am a huge gi joe fan but he also has a strong wolverine following, batman, the nam....... so many other great things he has done.
          i've met him before and man is he a great guy. very friendly and a joy to chat with. he's also a very good artist and thats where he first started and says is his true love above writing. i think he would be a good draw. especially now that the gi joe movie has been out.

          In a message dated 9/14/2009 8:23:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, wildstorm3@... writes:
          Who would you like to see at the show? Let's be reasonable now. You know that people like Jim Lee or Frank Miller will never come.
        • clarke wiggins
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 15, 2009
            I'd love to see Alex Ross, yes i know he's a artist, but still. Marv Wolfman's pretty darn good. I'll have to dig out one of my old Teen Titan comics or just bring along my CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS trade.

            I would like to see more writers at the show. The artists are great, don't get me wrong, but writers are the first half of a book. Talking with Sean McKeever was great. I would love to see Bendis to return.

            Who would you like to see at the show? Let's be reasonable now. You know that people like Jim Lee or Frank Miller will never come.

          • Shawn Williams
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 15, 2009
              Dan Slott is a personal fav, and he's not far away and loves doing the
              cons. Likewise Gail Simone - she's a bit further away, but she's great
              to have at the cons and really does well with her fans.

              On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 8:06 AM, clarke wiggins <gcwiggs@...> wrote:

              > I'd love to see Alex Ross, yes i know he's a artist, but still. Marv Wolfman's pretty darn good. I'll have to dig out one of my old Teen Titan comics or just bring along my CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS trade.
              >
              > ________________________________

            • James Rowe
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 15, 2009
                I'd love to see Peter David or even JMS.

                Darth Stewie

                James

                On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 8:06 AM, clarke wiggins <gcwiggs@yahoo. com> wrote:

                > I'd love to see Alex Ross, yes i know he's a artist, but still. Marv Wolfman's pretty darn good. I'll have to dig out one of my old Teen Titan comics or just bring along my CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS trade.
                >
                > ____________ _________ _________ __

              • Robert Martin
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 15, 2009
                  Actually, Frank Miller did come to the Pittsburgh Comicon a few years ago and actually was very awesome to meet .. he signed my Dark Knight Returns hardcover, posed for a picture with me, and joked that I'd better take my wife out for a really nice dinner after making her stand in such a long line just to meet him!   =)

                  Also, I would love to see Mike Deodato back at the Con .. yes, I know he's an artist, but an incredible artist and a very gracious person.  I found him to be very appreciative of his fans, as he took the time to sign an entire box of his work for me (I left it there and he signed every one of them throughout the day when there were not others at his table) and even slipped in an Elektra sketch.  He would also be an excellent addition to the next show.

                  Besides Frank Miller again, as far as a writer, I would have to say Chris Claremont.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 15, 2009
                    or Judd Winick.

[...]

                  • macbeaner0998
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 15, 2009
                      Some of the big name Cons have Fantasy/paranormal/urban fantasy/sci-fi authors at them. Such as Jim Butcher, Kat Richardson, Caitlin Kittredge, and Anton Strout, , just to name a few.

                      It would be cool to see authors in the above genres at Con

                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 23, 2009
                        I noticed in the e-mail that was sent out that Marv Wolfman was going to attend. If you can get George Perez... I mean, it is the 25th anniversary of Crisis on Infinite Earths...