Re: [pittscomicon] Re: BIG STAN LEE NEWS

  • Kwip
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 7, 2009
      Awesome, thanks for checking!

      On Sep 7, 2009, at 3:58 PM, "comiconguy" <patlqp@...> wrote:

      Hey Shawn, I talked to Renee today. Yes online advanced ticket sales were suspended yesterday, however if your friend still wants to buy advanced tickets they can still do it tomorrow (Tuesday) by calling the Comicon office: 814-467-4116; Have your credit card ready. If not tickets can be purchased at the show.

      --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, Shawn Williams <kwip@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > > ) or search on Ebay for Pittsburgh Comicon Stan Lee (I know these long links
      > > can get hinky when I put them on the board)
      > >
      > > Stan graciously agreed to do a limited meet-and-greet with a few select fans
      > > at the Pittsburgh Comicon! The Meet and Greet will take place 45 minutes
      > > before the show officially opens for the day on Saturday in the Comicon
      > > V.I.P. Green Room. The passes are for one person only and will allow the
      > > recipient, One on One time with Stan "The Man", you'll be able to get your
      > > picture taken with Stan and you will be able to get two items autographed.
      > > The best part is all the money raised by these 6 Ebay Auctions with go to
      > > the HERO INITIATIVE. So get online and get bidding!!!!!
      > >
      > > 2. I didn't know if I could talk about this one before or not, but seeing as
      > > I came across an article online yesterday I guess I can, Stan Lee will be
      > > receiving the Key To The City on Saturday at 10:00. We couldn't be more
      > > proud to have Stan as a guest in our fair city and apparently neither could
      > > the mayor. The mayor will be coming to the convention hall to give Stan this
      > > honor. For a detailed account of the Key to The City and Stan's reaction you
      > > can read the article found here,
      > > www.yourmonroeville .com/timesexpres s/article/ stan-lee- excited-about- receiving- key-marvel- disney-merger
      > >
      > > Ok on to other convention news, just a few quick items:
      > >
      > > I recently announced that Brian Pulido would be appearing and he would be
      > > previewing his movie, The Graves, but in addition to that he will also
      > > bringing some LADY DEATH EXCLUSIVES TO THE COMICON. Brian will be selling
      > > Lady Death:Secrets #1:Cemetery Edition and a Limited Edition Lady Death
      > > Print; Both will be limited to approx. 100 numbered copies and signed by the
      > > Master of the Macabre himself. For a sneak peek at Brian's special editions
      > > visit: http://www.pittsbur ghcomicon. com/promotions. html
      > >
      > > Our buddy Todd from New Dimension Comics, (who will be debuting a new Golden
      > > Age Collection at the show by the way) will be having drawings at his booth
      > > (D063-067) for movie passes for two upcoming blockbusters, WHITEOUT and
      > > SURROGATES.
      > >
      > > Lastly I have one piece of detail-y stuff that will hopefully make things
      > > easier for entrance to the convention. This is a message to ALL ARTISTS,
      > > VENDORS and ADVANCED/ON- LINE TICKET HOLDERS if you are any of those listed,
      > > Please Enter through the V.I.P. Entrance at the convention hall (The South
      > > Hall Entrance). It should have sufficient signage, but it will be the
      > > entrance closest to the former Radisson and Expomart.
      > >
      > > OK kids, that is all I have right now time is growing short so I don't know
      > > if you will hear from me again before the show, if not I look forward to
      > > seeing you ALL at Pittsburgh Comicon 2009!
      > >
      > > Oh, one more thing that I forgot in the email, the Stan Lee CGC Signature
      > > Series Ultimate Spider-Man #1's are for sale online on the Pittsburgh
      > > Comicon Website. (Hit the Merchandise Link)

    • Andrew Harmon
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 7, 2009
        Does this include the Stan Lee autograph tickets?

      • James Powell
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 7, 2009
          Yes it does!  I just got mine. There's only 5 or so left.  Thanks for being open labor day!!!

          On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 3:58 PM, comiconguy <patlqp@verizon. net> wrote:

> [...]

          > > SURROGATES.
          > >
          > > Lastly I have one piece of detail-y stuff that will hopefully make things
          > > easier for entrance to the convention. This is a message to ALL ARTISTS,
          > > VENDORS and ADVANCED/ON- LINE TICKET HOLDERS if you are any of those listed,
          > > Please Enter through the V.I.P. Entrance at the convention hall (The South
          > > Hall Entrance). It should have sufficient signage, but it will be the
          > > entrance closest to the former Radisson and Expomart.
          > >
          > > OK kids, that is all I have right now time is growing short so I don't know
          > > if you will hear from me again before the show, if not I look forward to
          > > seeing you ALL at Pittsburgh Comicon 2009!
          > >
          > > Oh, one more thing that I forgot in the email, the Stan Lee CGC Signature
          > > Series Ultimate Spider-Man #1's are for sale online on the Pittsburgh
          > > Comicon Website. (Hit the Merchandise Link)

        • Andrew Harmon
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 8, 2009
            Anyone know what time the shop opens? Figured I'd give it a shot to see if they have any left :)

            Last minute buyer, that's me LOL

          • G.W.
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 8, 2009
              So the $40 Stan Lee autograph tickets are sold out, or will those be offered up to some point in time at the show on Saturday?

              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 9, 2009
                THERE WILL BE TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT THE SHOW! We just ended the online presales because we are getting ready to head to Pittsburgh and can't monitor and maintain the online sales once we take off for the burgh.

                P.A.T.

                --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "G.W." <hobanagarak@...> wrote:

                > So the $40 Stan Lee autograph tickets are sold out, or will those be offered
                > up to some point in time at the show on Saturday?
                >
                > On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Andrew Harmon <andrew2773@...> wrote:
                >

                > > Anyone know what time the shop opens? Figured I'd give it a shot to see if
                > > they have any left :)
                > >
                > > Last minute buyer, that's me LOL
                > >

                > > On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 3:58 PM, comiconguy <patlqp@...> wrote:
                > >

                > >> Hey Shawn, I talked to Renee today. Yes online advanced ticket sales were
                > >> suspended yesterday, however if your friend still wants to buy advanced
                > >> tickets they can still do it tomorrow (Tuesday) by calling the Comicon
                > >> office: 814-467-4116; Have your credit card ready. If not tickets can be
                > >> purchased at the show.
                > >>

                > >> --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com <pittscomicon%40yahoogroups.com>,

                > >> the

                > >> fill
                > >> The
                > >> think it's

                > >> Pittsburgh

                > >> is……..!

                > >> Passes.

                > >> http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=pittsburgh+comicon+stan+lee&_sacat=See-All-Categories
                > >> links

                > >> select fans
                > >> minutes
                > >> Comicon
                > >> the
                > >> your
                > >> autographed.

                > >> seeing as
                > >> be
                > >> more
                > >> could
                > >> Stan this
                > >> reaction you
                > >> > >
                > >> www.yourmonroeville.com/timesexpress/article/stan-lee-excited-about-receiving-key-marvel-disney-merger

                > >> be
                > >> selling
                > >> Death
                > >> by the
                > >> editions

                > >> Golden
                > >> booth
                > >> and

                > >> things
                > >> ARTISTS,
                > >> listed,
                > >> South

                > >> know

                > >> Signature

              • wildstorm3
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 9, 2009
                  I am sooooo ready for the show. I got all my books together, post-its done. My poster for Stan lee is sitting by my door. Ready to get my Lady Death comic and a couple USM comics. I'M PUMPED!!!!!

                  > THERE WILL BE TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT THE SHOW! We just ended the online presales because we are getting ready to head to Pittsburgh and can't monitor and maintain the online sales once we take off for the burgh.
                  >
                  > P.A.T.
                  >
                  > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "G.W." <hobanagarak@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > So the $40 Stan Lee autograph tickets are sold out, or will those be offered
                  > > up to some point in time at the show on Saturday?
                  > >
                  > > On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Andrew Harmon <andrew2773@> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > > Anyone know what time the shop opens? Figured I'd give it a shot to see if
                  > > > they have any left :)
                  > > >
                  > > > Last minute buyer, that's me LOL

                • G.W.
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 9, 2009
                    Heh, what's the rush? I'll probably be tinkering with my costume and stuff to take until Friday night. >.>

                  • wildstorm3
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 9, 2009
                      I'm not rushing. Just working all day every day this week so i can have off this weekend. Monday was the only day I had to get ready.