BIG STAN LEE NEWS

    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 4, 2009
      Hey Folks,

      I've been on vacation all week and will be right up until the show, (I know~It's crazy for the marketing guy to be on vacation right before the show, but the this year's date changes effected everybody.)

      Anyway before I sit down with my first Pina Colada of the day, let me fill you in on some big news we have been brewing for awhile around here. The email that is going out to subscribers later today is below and I think it's all pretty exciting.

      If anything else comes up between now and the show, I'll be in touch otherwise, I see you all at the show.

      and Thank You all Again for your interest and passion for the Pittsburgh Comicon.

      P.A.T.

      Hello Comiconiacs,

      I know I promised I still had some big news in me yet and here it is……..!

      Two important pieces of Stan Lee News,

      1. Starting on E-Bay today are 6 V.I.P. Stan Lee Meet and Greet Passes.

      ( http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=pittsburgh+comicon+stan+lee&_sacat=See-All-Categories ) or search on Ebay for Pittsburgh Comicon Stan Lee (I know these long links can get hinky when I put them on the board)

      Stan graciously agreed to do a limited meet-and-greet with a few select fans at the Pittsburgh Comicon! The Meet and Greet will take place 45 minutes before the show officially opens for the day on Saturday in the Comicon V.I.P. Green Room. The passes are for one person only and will allow the recipient, One on One time with Stan "The Man", you'll be able to get your picture taken with Stan and you will be able to get two items autographed. The best part is all the money raised by these 6 Ebay Auctions with go to the HERO INITIATIVE. So get online and get bidding!!!!!

      2. I didn't know if I could talk about this one before or not, but seeing as I came across an article online yesterday I guess I can, Stan Lee will be receiving the Key To The City on Saturday at 10:00. We couldn't be more proud to have Stan as a guest in our fair city and apparently neither could the mayor. The mayor will be coming to the convention hall to give Stan this honor. For a detailed account of the Key to The City and Stan's reaction you can read the article found here, www.yourmonroeville.com/timesexpress/article/stan-lee-excited-about-receiving-key-marvel-disney-merger

      Ok on to other convention news, just a few quick items:

      I recently announced that Brian Pulido would be appearing and he would be previewing his movie, The Graves, but in addition to that he will also bringing some LADY DEATH EXCLUSIVES TO THE COMICON. Brian will be selling Lady Death:Secrets #1:Cemetery Edition and a Limited Edition Lady Death Print; Both will be limited to approx. 100 numbered copies and signed by the Master of the Macabre himself. For a sneak peek at Brian's special editions visit: http://www.pittsburghcomicon.com/promotions.html

      Our buddy Todd from New Dimension Comics, (who will be debuting a new Golden Age Collection at the show by the way) will be having drawings at his booth (D063-067) for movie passes for two upcoming blockbusters, WHITEOUT and SURROGATES.

      Lastly I have one piece of detail-y stuff that will hopefully make things easier for entrance to the convention. This is a message to ALL ARTISTS, VENDORS and ADVANCED/ON-LINE TICKET HOLDERS if you are any of those listed, Please Enter through the V.I.P. Entrance at the convention hall (The South Hall Entrance). It should have sufficient signage, but it will be the entrance closest to the former Radisson and Expomart.

      OK kids, that is all I have right now time is growing short so I don't know if you will hear from me again before the show, if not I look forward to seeing you ALL at Pittsburgh Comicon 2009!

      Oh, one more thing that I forgot in the email, the Stan Lee CGC Signature Series Ultimate Spider-Man #1's are for sale online on the Pittsburgh Comicon Website. (Hit the Merchandise Link)

      Patrick A. Thomas
      Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

      Pittsburgh Comicon
      September 11, 12, 13, 2009
      The NEW Monroeville Convention Center

      Contact
      1002 Graham Ave.
      Windber, PA 15963
      814-467-4116
      pcomicon@...
      www.pittsburghcomicon.com
    • Shawn Williams
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 6, 2009
        Hey Patrick - is it correct that you can no longer purchase tickets
        for anything online? One of our friends that's coming to the show
        tried to purchase tickets online and it's saying "Not Available for
        Booking. The deadline the organizer has set for booking this activity
        has now passed."

        Is that correct, that people can no longer book tickets for anything
        online? Did you sell out already, or is this a bug?

        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 7, 2009
          Hey Shawn, I honestly don't know. Renee may have set up the online sales to end a week before the show? I'm on vacation but I see if I can get ahold of her today and find out. (if not tickets will be available at the door.)

          P.A.T.

          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Williams <kwip@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > > SURROGATES.
          > >
          > > Lastly I have one piece of detail-y stuff that will hopefully make things
          > > easier for entrance to the convention. This is a message to ALL ARTISTS,
          > > VENDORS and ADVANCED/ON-LINE TICKET HOLDERS if you are any of those listed,
          > > Please Enter through the V.I.P. Entrance at the convention hall (The South
          > > Hall Entrance). It should have sufficient signage, but it will be the
          > > entrance closest to the former Radisson and Expomart.
          > >
          > > OK kids, that is all I have right now time is growing short so I don't know
          > > if you will hear from me again before the show, if not I look forward to
          > > seeing you ALL at Pittsburgh Comicon 2009!
          > >
          > > Oh, one more thing that I forgot in the email, the Stan Lee CGC Signature
          > > Series Ultimate Spider-Man #1's are for sale online on the Pittsburgh
          > > Comicon Website. (Hit the Merchandise Link)

        • thehistoryfollower
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 7, 2009
            Will we only be able get a photo with or of Stan Lee if we win the auction or will I be able to get a pic of him when I get my autograph?
            Plus how much time will we get to talk with him with the autograph?

            > Hello Comiconiacs,
            >
            > I know I promised I still had some big news in me yet and here it is……..!
            >
            > Two important pieces of Stan Lee News,
            >
            > 1. Starting on E-Bay today are 6 V.I.P. Stan Lee Meet and Greet Passes.
            >
            >( http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=pittsburgh+comicon+stan+lee&_sacat=See-All-Categories ) or search on Ebay for Pittsburgh Comicon Stan Lee (I know these long links can get hinky when I put them on the board)
            >
            > Stan graciously agreed to do a limited meet-and-greet with a few select fans at the Pittsburgh Comicon! The Meet and Greet will take place 45 minutes before the show officially opens for the day on Saturday in the Comicon V.I.P. Green Room. The passes are for one person only and will allow the recipient, One on One time with Stan "The Man", you'll be able to get your picture taken with Stan and you will be able to get two items autographed. The best part is all the money raised by these 6 Ebay Auctions with go to the HERO INITIATIVE. So get online and get bidding!!!!!
            >
            > Patrick A. Thomas
          • Andrew Harmon
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 7, 2009
              Looks like I should have bought my Stan Lee ticket first and figured out what I was going to have signed later rather than the other way around LOL

              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 7, 2009
                Hey Shawn, I talked to Renee today. Yes online advanced ticket sales were suspended yesterday, however if your friend still wants to buy advanced tickets they can still do it tomorrow (Tuesday) by calling the Comicon office: 814-467-4116; Have your credit card ready. If not tickets can be purchased at the show.

              • Kwip
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 7, 2009
                  Awesome, thanks for checking!

                  On Sep 7, 2009, at 3:58 PM, "comiconguy" <patlqp@...> wrote:

> [...]

                  > > SURROGATES.
                  > >
                  > > Lastly I have one piece of detail-y stuff that will hopefully make things
                  > > easier for entrance to the convention. This is a message to ALL ARTISTS,
                  > > VENDORS and ADVANCED/ON- LINE TICKET HOLDERS if you are any of those listed,
                  > > Please Enter through the V.I.P. Entrance at the convention hall (The South
                  > > Hall Entrance). It should have sufficient signage, but it will be the
                  > > entrance closest to the former Radisson and Expomart.
                  > >
                  > > OK kids, that is all I have right now time is growing short so I don't know
                  > > if you will hear from me again before the show, if not I look forward to
                  > > seeing you ALL at Pittsburgh Comicon 2009!
                  > >
                  > > Oh, one more thing that I forgot in the email, the Stan Lee CGC Signature
                  > > Series Ultimate Spider-Man #1's are for sale online on the Pittsburgh
                  > > Comicon Website. (Hit the Merchandise Link)

                • Andrew Harmon
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 7, 2009
                    Does this include the Stan Lee autograph tickets?

                  • James Powell
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 7, 2009
                      Yes it does!  I just got mine. There's only 5 or so left.  Thanks for being open labor day!!!

                      On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 3:58 PM, comiconguy <patlqp@verizon. net> wrote:

> [...]

                      > > SURROGATES.
                      > >
                      > > Lastly I have one piece of detail-y stuff that will hopefully make things
                      > > easier for entrance to the convention. This is a message to ALL ARTISTS,
                      > > VENDORS and ADVANCED/ON- LINE TICKET HOLDERS if you are any of those listed,
                      > > Please Enter through the V.I.P. Entrance at the convention hall (The South
                      > > Hall Entrance). It should have sufficient signage, but it will be the
                      > > entrance closest to the former Radisson and Expomart.
                      > >
                      > > OK kids, that is all I have right now time is growing short so I don't know
                      > > if you will hear from me again before the show, if not I look forward to
                      > > seeing you ALL at Pittsburgh Comicon 2009!
                      > >
                      > > Oh, one more thing that I forgot in the email, the Stan Lee CGC Signature
                      > > Series Ultimate Spider-Man #1's are for sale online on the Pittsburgh
                      > > Comicon Website. (Hit the Merchandise Link)

                    • Andrew Harmon
                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 8, 2009
                        Anyone know what time the shop opens? Figured I'd give it a shot to see if they have any left :)

                        Last minute buyer, that's me LOL

                      • G.W.
                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 8, 2009
                          So the $40 Stan Lee autograph tickets are sold out, or will those be offered up to some point in time at the show on Saturday?

                          Message 12 of 15 , Sep 9, 2009
                            THERE WILL BE TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT THE SHOW! We just ended the online presales because we are getting ready to head to Pittsburgh and can't monitor and maintain the online sales once we take off for the burgh.

                            P.A.T.

                            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "G.W." <hobanagarak@...> wrote:

                            > So the $40 Stan Lee autograph tickets are sold out, or will those be offered
                            > up to some point in time at the show on Saturday?
                            >
                            > On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Andrew Harmon <andrew2773@...> wrote:
                            >

                            > > Anyone know what time the shop opens? Figured I'd give it a shot to see if
                            > > they have any left :)
                            > >
                            > > Last minute buyer, that's me LOL
                            > >

                            > > On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 3:58 PM, comiconguy <patlqp@...> wrote:
                            > >

                            > >> Hey Shawn, I talked to Renee today. Yes online advanced ticket sales were
                            > >> suspended yesterday, however if your friend still wants to buy advanced
                            > >> tickets they can still do it tomorrow (Tuesday) by calling the Comicon
                            > >> office: 814-467-4116; Have your credit card ready. If not tickets can be
                            > >> purchased at the show.
                            > >>

                            > >> --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com <pittscomicon%40yahoogroups.com>,

                            > >> the

                            > >> fill
                            > >> The
                            > >> think it's

                            > >> Pittsburgh

                            > >> is……..!

                            > >> Passes.

                            > >> http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=pittsburgh+comicon+stan+lee&_sacat=See-All-Categories
                            > >> links

                            > >> select fans
                            > >> minutes
                            > >> Comicon
                            > >> the
                            > >> your
                            > >> autographed.

                            > >> seeing as
                            > >> be
                            > >> more
                            > >> could
                            > >> Stan this
                            > >> reaction you
                            > >> > >
                            > >> www.yourmonroeville.com/timesexpress/article/stan-lee-excited-about-receiving-key-marvel-disney-merger

                            > >> be
                            > >> selling
                            > >> Death
                            > >> by the
                            > >> editions

                            > >> Golden
                            > >> booth
                            > >> and

                            > >> things
                            > >> ARTISTS,
                            > >> listed,
                            > >> South

                            > >> know

                            > >> Signature

                          • wildstorm3
                            Message 13 of 15 , Sep 9, 2009
                              I am sooooo ready for the show. I got all my books together, post-its done. My poster for Stan lee is sitting by my door. Ready to get my Lady Death comic and a couple USM comics. I'M PUMPED!!!!!

                              > THERE WILL BE TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT THE SHOW! We just ended the online presales because we are getting ready to head to Pittsburgh and can't monitor and maintain the online sales once we take off for the burgh.
                              >
                              > P.A.T.
                              >
                              > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "G.W." <hobanagarak@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > So the $40 Stan Lee autograph tickets are sold out, or will those be offered
                              > > up to some point in time at the show on Saturday?
                              > >
                              > > On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Andrew Harmon <andrew2773@> wrote:
                              > >

                              > > > Anyone know what time the shop opens? Figured I'd give it a shot to see if
                              > > > they have any left :)
                              > > >
                              > > > Last minute buyer, that's me LOL

                            • G.W.
                              Message 14 of 15 , Sep 9, 2009
                                Heh, what's the rush? I'll probably be tinkering with my costume and stuff to take until Friday night. >.>

                              • wildstorm3
                                Message 15 of 15 , Sep 9, 2009
                                  I'm not rushing. Just working all day every day this week so i can have off this weekend. Monday was the only day I had to get ready.