Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Disney buys Marvel

  • Robert Martin
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 2, 2009
      Makes you wonder what is going to happen to Universal Studios Orlando, with the Marvel Comics Island ...

      From: Lisa Davis <lisad_2711@yahoo. com>
      To: pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com
      Cc: lisad_2711@yahoo. com
      Date: Monday, August 31, 2009, 10:04 PM

      I was very shocked and surprised to hear the news that Disney bought out all of Marvels stocks/shares and whatever you can think of.

      I just hope that they don't make everything go downhill!

      Whom ever said about the Jim Henson properties, is right on the money with that!

      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 2, 2009
        As I understand, all current licensing deals, (Universal, Fox, Sony,
        and I think BOOM! and SLG doing Disney comics, etc) are supposed to
        remain unchanged. Now what gets renewed when current contracts are up
        is another matter entirely, but as pointed out here
        http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22788 Marvel don't
        have the best track record with non-supehero comics.