Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Disney buys Marvel

  • Andrew Harmon
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 31, 2009
      Great Lakes Avengers Assemble in 3D?

      On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 3:57 PM, dugger_rockz <dugger_rockz@...> wrote:

      PIXAR/MARVEL
      There is potntial for some really cool stuff

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 31, 2009
        thats what im talkin about

        There is potntial for some really cool stuff

        --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "G.W." <hobanagarak@ ...> wrote:

        > As long as Marvel gets access to Disney's animation production, I'll be happy.
        >
        > On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 12:52 PM, Andrew Harmon<andrew2773@. ..> wrote:
        > >

        > > Looks like Mickey's got the spider-sense now.
        > >

        > > On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 10:38 AM, norvandell <BIG_BOOTE@.. .> wrote:
        > >>

        > >> WTF
        > >>
        > >> http://www.comicboo kresources. com/?page= article&id=22747
        > >>
        > >> Didn't see this coming.

      • catwomanmtb
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 31, 2009
          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "dugger_rockz" <dugger_rockz@...> wrote:
          >Scott Summer as BuzzLightyear ..... Disney better not make Marvel suck. I'm still trying to get the taste of jim Henson disney mess out of my mouth.....yuck!!!
          > PIXAR/MARVEL
          > There is potntial for some really cool stuff
          >

          > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "G.W." <hobanagarak@> wrote:
          > >
          > > As long as Marvel gets access to Disney's animation production, I'll be happy.
          > >
          > > On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 12:52 PM, Andrew Harmon<andrew2773@> wrote:
          > > >

          > > > Looks like Mickey's got the spider-sense now.

        • Lisa Davis
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 31, 2009
            I was very shocked and surprised to hear the news that Disney bought out all of Marvels stocks/shares and whatever you can think of.

            I just hope that they don't make everything go downhill!

            Whom ever said about the Jim Henson properties, is right on the money with that!

            >Scott Summer as BuzzLightyear ..... Disney better not make Marvel suck. I'm still trying to get the taste of jim Henson disney mess out of my mouth.....yuck! !!
            > PIXAR/MARVEL
            > There is potntial for some really cool stuff
            >

            > --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "G.W." <hobanagarak@ > wrote:
            > >
            > > As long as Marvel gets access to Disney's animation production, I'll be happy.
            > >
            > > On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 12:52 PM, Andrew Harmon<andrew2773@ > wrote:
            > > >

            > > > Looks like Mickey's got the spider-sense now.

          • D Griff
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 31, 2009
              Shouldn't you have said any farther downhill then it all ready is???? Marvel even DC use to be so much better then it is now. Lets hope this brings Marvel back up (not to its glory days those are long gone) but I doubt it very much

              I was very shocked and surprised to hear the news that Disney bought out all of Marvels stocks/shares and whatever you can think of.

              I just hope that they don't make everything go downhill!

              Whom ever said about the Jim Henson properties, is right on the money with that!

              >Scott Summer as BuzzLightyear ..... Disney better not make Marvel suck. I'm still trying to get the taste of jim Henson disney mess out of my mouth.....yuck! !!
              > PIXAR/MARVEL
              > There is potntial for some really cool stuff
              >

              > --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "G.W." <hobanagarak@ > wrote:
              > >
              > > As long as Marvel gets access to Disney's animation production, I'll be happy.
              > >
              > > On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 12:52 PM, Andrew Harmon<andrew2773@ > wrote:
              > > >

              > > > Looks like Mickey's got the spider-sense now.

            • Robert Martin
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 2, 2009
                Makes you wonder what is going to happen to Universal Studios Orlando, with the Marvel Comics Island ...

                Shouldn't you have said any farther downhill then it all ready is???? Marvel even DC use to be so much better then it is now. Lets hope this brings Marvel back up (not to its glory days those are long gone) but I doubt it very much

                I was very shocked and surprised to hear the news that Disney bought out all of Marvels stocks/shares and whatever you can think of.

                I just hope that they don't make everything go downhill!

                Whom ever said about the Jim Henson properties, is right on the money with that!

                >Scott Summer as BuzzLightyear ..... Disney better not make Marvel suck. I'm still trying to get the taste of jim Henson disney mess out of my mouth.....yuck! !!
                > PIXAR/MARVEL
                > There is potntial for some really cool stuff
                >

                > --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "G.W." <hobanagarak@ > wrote:
                > >
                > > As long as Marvel gets access to Disney's animation production, I'll be happy.
                > >
                > > On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 12:52 PM, Andrew Harmon<andrew2773@ > wrote:
                > > >

                > > > Looks like Mickey's got the spider-sense now.

              • G.W.
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 2, 2009
                  As I understand, all current licensing deals, (Universal, Fox, Sony,
                  and I think BOOM! and SLG doing Disney comics, etc) are supposed to
                  remain unchanged. Now what gets renewed when current contracts are up
                  is another matter entirely, but as pointed out here
                  http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22788 Marvel don't
                  have the best track record with non-supehero comics.