Re: Welcome!

  • orcafresh
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hi!
      Very nice opening message Alexiel! I'm a newbie here, but not to the Pittsburgh Comicon. Over the years I've enjoyed guest status and have hosted a couple panel discussions there back in the  early 1999-2000 years. I had attended in one capacity or another since the very start only missing one year to illness. And in 2004, had a mild heart attack there. 'Course, I can laugh at it all now...but spending the weekend in my onsite hotel room feeling ill wasn't fun.  And did I catch hell from my family for not telling someone other than my 13yr old son and a friend. The three of us traveled there from upstate New York.

      Well, the good news is that I plan to again be there this coming year. After skipping 2005, and having a bad business year since that year before ... I figured Pittsburgh  would be a great place to premiere my new publishing endeavor.  The guest list looks great, and seeing old friends that I only stay in touch via telephone and email will be nice. 'Course I missed donating anything to the charitable auction last year -- and Mike, Renee, and family with friend support work so hard to make the convention a yearly successs ... I'll have to make up for missing last year.

      This egroup list was a nice idea! Thank you!

      Regards,
      ~Rick
      Rick Olney
      TightLip Entertainment