Con Update

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2009
      Hello All,

      The webguys are in the middle of updating the site with some new info. The update should be up soon and will be followed with the following email about the show.

      Here is your preview of the latest con news.

      Subject: Some New Guests, Some Panel Changes, and Something REALLY Cool!!!

      Hello Pitt-Conners,

      Just a little more than a month to the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon and I have bunches to report today,

      So let's start with the Really Cool!!
      You can now check out the Pittsburgh Comicon Exclusive Ultimate Spider-Man #1
      Just go to the Merchandise Link at www.pittsburghcomicon.com
      The issue will be selling at the show for the Pitt-Con Price of $5
      There will also be 100 9.8 issues signed by Stan Lee and Graded by CGC. They will be selling for $100;
      (CGC is the Official Grading Service of the Pittsburgh Comicon)

      We also just added our very own Sketch Cards to the Merchandise Page.
      You can get a pack of 10 for $5 and use them to collect sketches from your favorite artists!!

      We added a bunch of guests this week, including:

      • Fantasy/Comic Painter, Joe Jusko
      • Comic Artists Dan Fraga and Mike Lilly
      • Movie Producer, Jeffrey Erb
      • Image's Elephantmen Artist, Chris Burnham, and
      • The Eisner Nominated Artist of Atomic Robo, Scott Wegener

      for a full list of guests visit: www.pittsburghcomicon.com/guests.html

      There a couple of addendums to the Events List this week as well,

      • First, Deadworld Movie Producer, Jeffrey Erb will be joining writer Gary Reed at the Deadworld Panel on Saturday at 1:00 PM

      • Secondly, Our Friday Paranormal Panels (Ghost Hunting with S.P.L.A.T. and U.F.O.'s the Truth is Out There) have combined into ONE two hour paranormal extravaganza, with
      The Southwestern Pennsylvania League of Apparition Technologists
      John Ventre, the Pennsylvania director of the Mutual UFO Network;
      Demonologist, Adam Blai
      The Greater Pittsburgh Paranormal Society
      and From California - the Dangers Of The Paranormal Team

      To check out the details about these panels and the rest of our Event Schedule go to www.pittsburghcomicon.com/events.html

      Also added this week is a Great Freddy Krueger Splash Page for the 2009 Charity Auction donated by inker, Bob Almond; check it and other early auction items at: www.pittsburghcomicon.com/charityauction.html

      Lastly, I want to thank artist, Sean Forney for his contribution to Sunday's Kidz Day. Sean has produced a special Kidz Day Sketch Book that he will be giving away to the first 50 Kids at his booth on Sunday. If any other artists or vendors would like to participate with their own KIDZ DAY Promotion, email your promotion to pcomicon@... and indicate in the subject line that it is a Kids Day Promotion.
      I will be listing all the Kidz Day Events and Participant in the 2009 Program Book
      (Again, all I ask is that your kids day promotion be AGE APPROPRIATE.)

      Thanks All, I'll have more news next week!!

      Counting Down to Pittsburgh Comicon 2009,

      Patrick A. Thomas - Marketing Director, Pittsburgh Comicon

      Pittsburgh Comicon 2009
      September 11, 12, 13
      NEW Monroeville Convention Center

      Pittsburgh Comicon