    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2009
      Hey Folks, I just sent a new update to the website yesterday, and the webguys should be sending the following email out sometime today or tomorrow. It contains some exciting new guests and some other cool stuff!!! Check it out. Talk to you soon,

      Hello Comiconiacs,

      If you are on our mailing list you should be getting your Comicon Mailer any day now with the full list on Comicon Attendees, but even before the flyer gets in your hands we already have some major additions to the guest list for September!! (if you are not on our mailing list and would like to be added, email your address to pcomicon@...)

      Some of the major updates for 2009 include:

      • Mighty Avengers Artist, Khoi Pham
      • Fantasy Artist Extraordinaire, Ken Kelly
      • Winner of the CBG Fan Award for Best Graphic Novel for Tales of the Starlight Drive-In, writer, Michael San Giacomo
      • Writer and Managing Editor for Dabel Brothers Publishing (DB Pro), David Lawrence
      • and Comic Super Agent from Glass House Graphics, David Campiti will be doing portfolio reviews all 3 days of the show.

      for a list of all the new additions visit, www.pittsburghcomicon.com

      In other Comicon News, Keep watching for details about the Pittsburgh Comicon Variant of Ultimate Spider-Man #1 available at the show.
      (This would make an AWESOME Signed piece from Stan Lee)

      and speaking of Mr. Lee, Keep watching for details about how YOU can be part of Stan's Entourage at the show!!!!!!

      The good folks at the Douglas School's Sp
      ecial Effects Make-Up Program will be providing Zombie Make-Up Demos all weekend long.

      I do have one cancellation to announce. John Totleben had a wedding crop up and will not be able to make it to the September show.

      Lastly, I have a brief missive to the ladies and gentlemen on our List of Guests and Vendors for the 2009 show,
      As you may have heard, Sunday of the show is KIDZ DAY with anyone 12 and under getting free admission to the show.
      We already have some great Kidz Events for Sunday including A Duck Drawing Panel with Patrick & Shelly Block;
      a Kids Martial Arts Demo with Last Dragon star Taimak; and Star Wars Kids Crafts courtesy of the Star Wars Association of Pittsburgh;
      But since we announced Kidz Day, we have had some of our guests wanting to get on board,
      Gary Reed (of Deadworld fame) has graciously offered to give away 50 copies of his hardcover youth novel, Spirit of the Samurai at his booth on Sunday. I wanted to contact the rest of our guests and vendors to see if they wished to participate and this seemed the most expedient venue. If you do choose to have a special KIDZ promotion on Sunday, I will be listing all the KIDZ DAY PARTICIPANTS and your particular promotion in the Program Book in a special section set aside for Kidz Day and I will perhaps have a special map set up for kids to be able to find all the participants. So to make a long story longer, if any of our artists, vendors, etc, would like to participate, email your promotion to pcomicon@... and indicate in the subject line that it is a Kids Day Promotion. (all I ask is that your kids day promotion be AGE APPROPRIATE.) Help us to make what is already shaping up to be a great kids day even greater.

      Thanks and I'll have more convention news next week,

      Patrick A. Thomas - Marketing Director:Pittsburgh Comicon

      Pittsburgh Comicon 2009
      September 11, 12, 13
      NEW Monroeville Convention Center

      Pittsburgh Comicon