Stan Lee Info Now Online

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 7, 2009
      Hey folks,

      All the contracts have been signed and everything is now up on the website concerning Stan Lee's appearance at the con. The following email went out to subscribers with many of the details you all were asking for earlier in the week. Hopefully this answers most of your questions.

      Also noted in the email is Comics World's Sweatin in the Summer Sale.

      The Sale is this coming Thurs. - Sun. with tons of great savings on Comics, Graphic Novels, Toys and Supplies. Come check it out, and if you have any other questions about Stan's appearance, I'm sure we can answer them in person.

      The following is the subscriber email.

      Thanx, P.A.T.

      It's been 12 years since Stan last graced us with his presence in the Burgh and we couldn't be more excited if we tried.

      We'll be christening our new locale (the Monroeville Convention Center) in style with 5 hours of STAN LEE.

      Stan will be signing from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm on SATURDAY ONLY.

      Signatures will be $40.00

      In an attempt to control the line, we are collecting the signing fee in advance. (both online and at the show itself) Your fee will get you a ticket.
      1 ticket = 1 signature. We'll call a range of ticket numbers to get in line, when that group works its way through the line we'll call the next group of ticket holders.

      If you want to be assured of your Stan Lee signature, we suggest you buy your signature tickets early. They are available online, just visit our website www.pittsburghcomicon.com and click on the advanced ticket link.

      We are also selling a Stan Lee package, that includes a three day pass, (which allows you into the show 30 minutes early), a Stan Lee signature, and as a bonus, a signed Program Book by Mr. Lee. The cost of the Stan Lee package is $90 and it is also available online.

      We are looking forward to having Stan Lee back at the Pittsburgh Comicon.

      Believe it or not I do have some other things to report,

      ~Besides adding Stan Lee, we also just updated the website with 20+ new guests.

      ~If you want a preview of this year's Comicon T-Shirt, (A Green Lantern - Blackest Night Shirt), check out the artwork on the Charity Auction Page.
      Artwork for the Shirt was provided by Glenn Klimeck and it will be colored by Koa Beam. When I have a the colored version I'll post it online as well.
      (It is sure to be colorful, with a Full Spectrum of Lanterns appearing)

      ~Also if you check out our Special Promotions link, you'll find a special print offered by Ed Beard, Jr. - "Unbound Dragon".
      Ed will be selling these prints for the bargain price of $10 each (reg. price $45) and more importantly, ALL of the proceeds from the sale of this stunning print will be donated to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

      ~Lastly, next weekend is the Annual Comics World Sweatin' in the Summer Sale (promoter of the Pittsburgh Comicon) The Sale Dates are: June 11, 12, 13, 14.
      The Sale will Offer:
      50% Off - All Back Issues and Toys
      35% Off - All New Comics
      25% Off - All Graphic Novels and Comic Supplies Store Hours Are: Wed-Fri. 12-8; Sat-Sun. 12-5; Comics World
      1002 Graham Ave.
      Windber, PA 15963
      814-467-4116

      Talk to you again soon,

      Patrick A. Thomas
      Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

      Pittsburgh Comicon 2009
      September 11, 12, 13
      NEW Monroeville Exposition Center

      Contact:
      Pittsburgh Comicon
      1002 Graham Ave.
      Windber, PA 15963
      814-467-4116
      fx 814-467-4416
      pcomicon@...
      www.pittsburghcomicon.com
    • wildstorm3
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 7, 2009
        So its $40 PER signature? And if someone wanted to get a quick pic with him is that allowed with your ticket or do you have to buy another ticket?

> [...]
        > (It is sure to be colorful, with a Full Spectrum of Lanterns appearing)
        >
        > ~Also if you check out our Special Promotions link, you'll find a special print offered by Ed Beard, Jr. - "Unbound Dragon".
        > Ed will be selling these prints for the bargain price of $10 each (reg. price $45) and more importantly, ALL of the proceeds from the sale of this stunning print will be donated to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
        >
        > ~Lastly, next weekend is the Annual Comics World Sweatin' in the Summer Sale (promoter of the Pittsburgh Comicon) The Sale Dates are: June 11, 12, 13, 14.
        > The Sale will Offer:
        > 50% Off - All Back Issues and Toys
        > 35% Off - All New Comics
        > 25% Off - All Graphic Novels and Comic Supplies Store Hours Are: Wed-Fri. 12-8; Sat-Sun. 12-5; Comics World

      • James Rowe
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 7, 2009
          What about just meeting him and thanking him for what he's given you, no signiture necessary.

          Darth Stewie

          James Rowe

          --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "comiconguy" <patlqp@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > (It is sure to be colorful, with a Full Spectrum of Lanterns appearing)
          >
          > ~Also if you check out our Special Promotions link, you'll find a special print offered by Ed Beard, Jr. - "Unbound Dragon".
          > Ed will be selling these prints for the bargain price of $10 each (reg. price $45) and more importantly, ALL of the proceeds from the sale of this stunning print will be donated to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
          >
          > ~Lastly, next weekend is the Annual Comics World Sweatin' in the Summer Sale (promoter of the Pittsburgh Comicon) The Sale Dates are: June 11, 12, 13, 14.
          > The Sale will Offer:
          > 50% Off - All Back Issues and Toys
          > 35% Off - All New Comics
          > 25% Off - All Graphic Novels and Comic Supplies Store Hours Are: Wed-Fri. 12-8; Sat-Sun. 12-5; Comics World

        • Anthony
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 7, 2009
            I bought the 3 day pass, just for the opportunity to meet him and hopefully get a pic (signature or no sig). He'll probably have some bodyguards (escorts) around him to keep the fanboys from mobbing, I doubt we'll get a chance to get close to him otherwise.

            Plus we can get in early on Friday! Yeah!

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 7, 2009
              Hey P.A.T.

              Stan's appearance is great news! Any info on the cover to the Program Book (being signed by Mr. Lee)... will it have a cover featuring classic Marvel characters? Maybe have Ron Frenz do spidey, Hulk, FF, etc - or even ARTHUR SUYDAM or ADAM HUGHES!

              How about getting some Marvel's 60's artists for the show... people like Joe Sinnott, Dick Ayers, John Romita?

              Also, any chance that Jim Balent and Tim Vigil are returning this year?

              Thanks
            • D Griff
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 7, 2009
                Not P.A.T. but I talked to Holly G! Jim's wife and they won't be there this year ,
                .

                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 7, 2009
                  At the last show as I was talking to Holly G! she said that her and Jim attend the Pittsburgh con every other year. So maybe next year...

                  --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, D Griff <bear100_1999@...> wrote:

                  > Not P.A.T. but I talked to Holly G! Jim's wife and they won't be there this year ,
                  > .

                • Lisa Davis
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 7, 2009
                    I talked to Jim Balent last year, and what from he had told me, he said that he'll be at PittsComicon next year in 2010!
                    So, Balent fans you won't have very long to wait after September is over!
                    ~L.

                    At the last show as I was talking to Holly G! she said that her and Jim attend the Pittsburgh con every other year. So maybe next year...

                    --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, D Griff <bear100_1999@ ...> wrote:

                    > Not P.A.T. but I talked to Holly G! Jim's wife and they won't be there this year ,
                    > .

                  • Anthony
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 8, 2009
                      Thanks to all that replied (Lisa, D Griff, wildstorm)!

                      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Davis <lisad_2711@...> wrote:

                      > I talked to Jim Balent last year, and what from he had told me, he said that he'll be at PittsComicon next year in 2010!
                      > So, Balent fans you won't have very long to wait after September is over!
                      > ~L.
                    • wildstorm3
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 8, 2009
                        No prob. That's what we are here for.
                        I'm glad to see Jamal Igle returning. When he was here 4 years ago, he drew the first sketch I ever received at a show, Firestorm. Great fast sketch done in about 1 minute.