Re: [pittscomicon] Re: The PROMISED BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

  • Chris Underwood
    Message 1 of 36 , Jun 2, 2009
      Thanks for the update!

      On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 10:17 AM, comiconguy <patlqp@...> wrote:

      OK,
      Let's see if I can clear up any ambiguity about Stan's signings.
      I can't be completely specific because all the contracts are still being finalized.

      (Don't sweat the contract signing stuff, Stan's people have told us that he will be there and we could start advertising his appearance, the contracts are just the detaily stuff)

      Here is what I do know. We have Stan for approx. 5 hours on Saturday. The actual times have yet to be determined. Probably a 2.5 hour signing, a break, and then an additional 2.5 hour signing. When I have a more concrete time schedule I'll let you know.

      He will be charging a signing fee. This fee will be based on his standard signing fee and as soon as the details are finalized we will be releasing all that information.

      To control the line we will be collecting the signing fees in advance of the signing times. These will be available online, through the Comicon offices and during the event itself. The fee will be collected in return for a ticket. One ticket = One signiture. We'll announce a range of ticket numbers (ie. 100-150) those ticket holders will get in line for the signing, when the line works it way down, we'll call the next set of numbers. A ticket guarantees a signature and we won't sell more than we can get through the line in five hours. If we get through the current ticket holders in 4 hours we'll reopen ticket sales.

      We'll also be preselling an advanced ticket Stan Lee package, which will include, a 3 day pass (which as determined last week, will allow you admittance to the show 1/2 hour early), a ticket for the Stan Lee signing and as a bonus a program book signed by Stan. There will be a limited quantity for this package.

      That is as specific as I can get right now until all the details are worked out, but hopefully this helps. As soon as I can give you a complete run down of the details, I will.

      That being said, let me add we are all on this message board for the same reason, we love comics and we have an interest in the Comicon. I understand there will be disagreements and criticisms but can we try to keep it civil.

      THANX,

      Patrick A. Thomas
      Marketing Director
      Pittsburgh Comicon

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Chris Underwood <chrisunderwood151@...> wrote:

      > Do you know how many books per person he will be able to sign?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > www.watchworkscomics.com
      >
      > On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 8:22 AM, comiconguy <patlqp@...> wrote:
      >

      > > Hey Folks,
      > >
      > > I was happy to see nobody spilled the beans yet, because anyone that
      > > attended the PITTSBURGH COMIC & COLLECTIBLE SHOW on Sunday would have had a
      > > preview of our big news, so here it is,
      > >
      > > STAN LEE
      > > Saturday Only
      > > Signing for 5 Hours!
      > > in the words of the immortal legend, "Nuff Said."
      > >
      > > I'll have the info up on the website by the end of the week with all the
      > > details, but for now I have to say we are "STOAKED"
      > >
      > > Talk to you later in the week,
      > >
      > > P.A.T.

    • wildstorm3
      Message 36 of 36 , Jun 4, 2009