Welcome!

  • Kirisawa Fuko
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2004
      Hello all! I'm very happy to see people joining already! I made this
      list when I realised that there was no place that I could find for
      attendees of the con to talk freely amounst themselves. This is in no
      way an official list, although I have mailed the comicon to let them
      know of its existance. I urge everyone to sign up for the official
      comicon mailing list on their site, which is not a discussion list,
      but mails official announcements concerning the con.

      I'd like this to be a friendly, easy going list, so feel free to post
      about anything you think relates to the con. Extreme cases of being
      off topic will be stopped, but I plan to be very lax on what's
      considered on topic. As long as it somehow relates to: 1)the fandom,
      especially local. this goes for all fandom: comics, sci-fi, anime,
      horror, ect., 2)guests, past, present or future 3) or the con itself,
      its events, meetings there, costuming, dealers ect. it should be fine.

      Also complaining is fine as long as it doesn't get out of hand. For
      example, it's ok to mention a guest or event you didn't like and why,
      but don't make it into personal slander or ranting at the guest or the
      person running the event.

      Feel free to write a little introduction about yourself so members can
      get to know one another, if you'd like. I was going to include one of
      myself, but this post is getting a little long so I'll do it later. I
      hope this list becomes nice and active and useful!

      You friendly list owner and mod,
      Alexeil
    • orcafresh
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2005
        Hi!
        Very nice opening message Alexiel! I'm a newbie here, but not to the Pittsburgh Comicon. Over the years I've enjoyed guest status and have hosted a couple panel discussions there back in the  early 1999-2000 years. I had attended in one capacity or another since the very start only missing one year to illness. And in 2004, had a mild heart attack there. 'Course, I can laugh at it all now...but spending the weekend in my onsite hotel room feeling ill wasn't fun.  And did I catch hell from my family for not telling someone other than my 13yr old son and a friend. The three of us traveled there from upstate New York.

        Well, the good news is that I plan to again be there this coming year. After skipping 2005, and having a bad business year since that year before ... I figured Pittsburgh  would be a great place to premiere my new publishing endeavor.  The guest list looks great, and seeing old friends that I only stay in touch via telephone and email will be nice. 'Course I missed donating anything to the charitable auction last year -- and Mike, Renee, and family with friend support work so hard to make the convention a yearly successs ... I'll have to make up for missing last year.

        This egroup list was a nice idea! Thank you!

        Regards,
        ~Rick
        Rick Olney
        TightLip Entertainment