Re: Bar-Con?

  • Sean
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 1, 2009
      When I said Bar-Con...it may have been misrepresented. Please don't consider it "geeks gone wild." After con hours at whatever local bar or hotel bar you have to be visiting, you can usually find con visitors, artists, and the occasional celebrity. Please note that having been to countless conventions over the past decade, the one thing you don't want to do is "stalk" someone at the bar/hotel or follow celebrities around. It's their time to hang-out and chill-out after a long day at the convention. It's not a time for autographs or following David Prouse into the bathroom. Also, after recently being at Motorcity and watching a guy get into some trouble - please don't get drunk and be left in the hotel lobby by your friends. The hotel will call the cops and you will be arrested and put in the hospital:)
    • wildstorm3
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 1, 2009
        Woo hoo can't wait for the GGW BD. LOL

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Sean" <savageent_2000@...> wrote:

        > When I said Bar-Con...it may have been misrepresented. Please don't consider it "geeks gone wild." After con hours at whatever local bar or hotel bar you have to be visiting, you can usually find con visitors, artists, and the occasional celebrity. Please note that having been to countless conventions over the past decade, the one thing you don't want to do is "stalk" someone at the bar/hotel or follow celebrities around. It's their time to hang-out and chill-out after a long day at the convention. It's not a time for autographs or following David Prouse into the bathroom. Also, after recently being at Motorcity and watching a guy get into some trouble - please don't get drunk and be left in the hotel lobby by your friends. The hotel will call the cops and you will be arrested and put in the hospital:)

      • gprime666
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 3 9:42 AM
          So where IS the primary after-hours drinking spot? lol It was so easy in all the years past since everyone was more or less trapped in the same hotel.
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 3 5:58 PM
            i live not even 20 min from the event so anything is good for me but i am only available Friday night. i got reserve duty on sat and i ship out Sunday for a deployment. what was everyone thinking?
            -bart

            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 4 6:20 AM
              I'm going to tactfully try to answer this question. My unofficial/official answer is this:

              "If the Pittsburgh Comicon is a HOLIDAY for you, you'd be INN-sane not to be there all three days."

              I don't think you have to be Professor Robert Langdon to break that code.

              P.A.T.