Re: [pittscomicon] Why pre-order Tickets???!???

  • D Griff
    Message 1 of 8 , May 27, 2009
      Good point. Won't be going this year anyway. No Jim Balent or Holly G! no me

      Message 2 of 8 , May 28, 2009
        I currently can't answer your question, I never handled the admission before. I'm usually already in the hall doing this or that, but I'm talking to Renee tomorrow and I'll see what I can find out.

        Patrick

        Message 3 of 8 , May 29, 2009
          Hey Wildstorm, I have an answer for you. I talked to Renee today and we will be letting advanced ticket holders in 30 minutes early. We agree that their should be some advantage to buy tickets early and hopefully a 30 minute head start on the rest of the crowd will suffice.

          Thanks for your question,

          Patrick Thomas
          Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

          Message 4 of 8 , May 29, 2009
            You know what? Thats service! Also Pretty damn cool, I could do some damage in 30 minutes...LOL Thanks Patrick

            Hey Wildstorm, I have an answer for you. I talked to Renee today and we will be letting advanced ticket holders in 30 minutes early. We agree that their should be some advantage to buy tickets early and hopefully a 30 minute head start on the rest of the crowd will suffice.

            Thanks for your question,

            Patrick Thomas
            Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

            -- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "wildstorm3" <wildstorm3@ ...> wrote:

            > I have been going this comiccon for 5 years since I moved up here. I would buy my tickets online like 1-2 months before the show started. When I got my tickets at the door, after showing my receipt and ID, I was told to go to a different line. This line, I'm guessing, was for all those who pre-purchased their tickets and not for the ones who were walkins.
            This line was then allowed to enter 5 minutes early into the show. But, last year, this did not happen. I had to stand in line with everyone else.

            > So will there be any incentive for me to buy before the show? Yes you get the mailer before the show, but these were also available at the time of the show.

          • wildstorm3
            Message 5 of 8 , May 29, 2009
              Hey, thx for the update. I wasn't trying to be a prick or anything. I was just wondering. Heck, 5 minutes earlier would have been fine for me just to let me stand in line for a sketch and/or autograph from someone I really want.

              Message 6 of 8 , May 29, 2009
                I didn't think you were, It was a legitimate question.

                Message 7 of 8 , May 30, 2009
                  I agree with Dugger, This was absolutely a legitimate question. There are a million little details that go into running the show and if we are lax on something, we need and appreciate someone bringing it to our attention.