Cool Events For Our Comicon Crazies!!

    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2009
      Hey Guys and Gals,

      Hope you all had a nice holiday weekend. I'll have big con news soon. I'm just getting started on the newspaper mailer. I hope to be finished with it by the end of June. I'm just trying to get used to the working conditions this time of year. It's easy to put in 16 hour days when the snow is flying in February, but it's much tougher to put in long hours when you look outside and see the sun shining. Anyway, I'll definately have con news soon, but we wanted to announce a couple cool upcoming events happening in and around the burgh to our Comicon Faithful, One from the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra and One from our good friends at New Dimension Comics. The following email will be sent out from our webmaster soon, but as always you guys get all the news first, so here is the info going out to our subscribers in the coming days.

      I'll be in touch soon,

      P.A.T.

      Subject: Cool Events For Our Comicon Crazies

      Hello Comiconiacs,

      We are deep into Comicon planning and we'll have some exciting announcements to make in the coming days.

      To tide yourself over until Pittsburgh Comicon 2009 (Sept. 11, 12 and 13), check out Video Games Live TM , an awesome show the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra is doing Saturday and Sunday, July 11 and 12.

      The show, put together by Tommy Tallarico and Jack Wall, gives the music from our favorite games (Guitar Hero, Zelda, Final Fantasy, Mario, Halo, Medal of Honor, Advent Rising, Metroid plus tons of others) the grand symphonic treatment with the PSO and the Mendelssohn Choir of Pittsburgh along with video footage, synchronized lighting, solo performers, electronic percussionists and live action. Forget the synthesizers!

      Plus, before the concert, there's a Guitar Hero competition, with the winners performing onstage during the concert! There are great prizes up for grabs, too. And, Tommy and Jack will be around before the show to meet everybody.

      This show's been all over the place. Before it comes to Pittsburgh , it'll close out E3 in LA, and after Pittsburgh , it'll be presented as part of the San Diego Comic Con, so see it before they do!

      Visit www.videogameslive.com for trailers, concert pics, and more. You can get tickets for the Pittsburgh shows here .

      And don't forget this weekend is the

      Pittsburgh Comics and Collectibles Show
      May 31st from 11-5 inside Pittsburgh's Century III Mall
      hosted by our good friends at New Dimension Comics
      For details, please visit www.ndcomics.com

      I'll be in touch in the coming days with exciting Comicon announcements.

      Hope I run into a bunch of you at the cool events above,

      Patrick Thomas
      Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

      Pittsburgh Comicon 2009
      September 11, 12, 13