Re: [pittscomicon] Bar-Con?

    Message 1 of 16 , May 8, 2009
      LOL how did you not know? if the hotel your stayin at has a bar, walk in around 9ish

      Message 2 of 16 , May 8, 2009
        I live in close enough proximity that a hotel is unnecessary. I guess that explains it.

        That and I was certain nerds didn't drink! lol

        Message 3 of 16 , May 8, 2009
          HA! Nice, Ladies and Gentlemen, the prime example of the Pot calling the Kettle Black

          Message 4 of 16 , May 8, 2009
            Don't sass me woman!

            Message 5 of 16 , May 8, 2009
              Id never sass you or your boyfriend.

              Message 6 of 16 , May 8, 2009
                You leave him out of this, nancy!

                Message 7 of 16 , May 8, 2009
                  LOL

                  > > HA! Nice, Ladies and Gentlemen, the prime example of the Pot calling the Kettle Black
                  > >

                  > > ____________ _________ _________ __

                • ducky1560
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 18, 2009
                    I personally am offended to be lumped in with the "nerds"....I prefer the term "comic book geek"...at least that way everyone knows what causes my condition.....

                    not that there's anything wrong with my condition...... hehe...

                    --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Bo Holbrook" <BoHolbrook@...> wrote:

                    > I live in close enough proximity that a hotel is unnecessary. I guess that explains it.
                    >
                    > That and I was certain nerds didn't drink! lol
                    >
                    > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > LOL how did you not know? if the hotel your stayin at has a bar, walk in around 9ish
                    > >

                    > > ________________________________

                  • Maya
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 20, 2009
                      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "ducky1560" <ducky1560@...> wrote:
                      >Here, Here.....lol.... that the term I enjoy my friends to call me too. I'm a comic book geek ..... come on everyone say it with me....
                      "I'm a comic book geek!"

                      > I personally am offended to be lumped in with the "nerds"....I prefer the term "comic book geek"...at least that way everyone knows what causes my condition.....
                      >
                      > not that there's anything wrong with my condition...... hehe...
                      >

                      > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Bo Holbrook" <BoHolbrook@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I live in close enough proximity that a hotel is unnecessary. I guess that explains it.
                      > >
                      > > That and I was certain nerds didn't drink! lol
                      > >
                      > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > LOL how did you not know? if the hotel your stayin at has a bar, walk in around 9ish
                      > > >

                      > > > ________________________________

                    • Andrew Harmon
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 20, 2009
                        I'm a comic book geek :)

                        On Wed May 20 15:26 , 'Maya' sent:

                        --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "ducky1560" ..> wrote:
                        >Here, Here.....lol. ... that the term I enjoy my friends to call me too. I'm a comic book geek ..... come on everyone say it with me....
                        "I'm a comic book geek!"

                        > I personally am offended to be lumped in with the "nerds"....I prefer the term "comic book geek"...at least that way everyone knows what causes my condition... ..
                        >
                        > not that there's anything wrong with my condition... ... hehe...
                        >

                        > --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "Bo Holbrook" > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I live in close enough proximity that a hotel is unnecessary. I guess that explains it.
                        > >
                        > > That and I was certain nerds didn't drink! lol
                        > >
                        > > --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, DUGGER > wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > LOL how did you not know? if the hotel your stayin at has a bar, walk in around 9ish
                        > > >

                        > > > ____________ _________ _________ __

                      • Sean
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 1, 2009
                          When I said Bar-Con...it may have been misrepresented. Please don't consider it "geeks gone wild." After con hours at whatever local bar or hotel bar you have to be visiting, you can usually find con visitors, artists, and the occasional celebrity. Please note that having been to countless conventions over the past decade, the one thing you don't want to do is "stalk" someone at the bar/hotel or follow celebrities around. It's their time to hang-out and chill-out after a long day at the convention. It's not a time for autographs or following David Prouse into the bathroom. Also, after recently being at Motorcity and watching a guy get into some trouble - please don't get drunk and be left in the hotel lobby by your friends. The hotel will call the cops and you will be arrested and put in the hospital:)
                        • wildstorm3
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jun 1, 2009
                            Woo hoo can't wait for the GGW BD. LOL

                            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Sean" <savageent_2000@...> wrote:

                            > When I said Bar-Con...it may have been misrepresented. Please don't consider it "geeks gone wild." After con hours at whatever local bar or hotel bar you have to be visiting, you can usually find con visitors, artists, and the occasional celebrity. Please note that having been to countless conventions over the past decade, the one thing you don't want to do is "stalk" someone at the bar/hotel or follow celebrities around. It's their time to hang-out and chill-out after a long day at the convention. It's not a time for autographs or following David Prouse into the bathroom. Also, after recently being at Motorcity and watching a guy get into some trouble - please don't get drunk and be left in the hotel lobby by your friends. The hotel will call the cops and you will be arrested and put in the hospital:)

                          • gprime666
                            Message 13 of 16 , Sep 3 9:42 AM
                              So where IS the primary after-hours drinking spot? lol It was so easy in all the years past since everyone was more or less trapped in the same hotel.
                              Message 14 of 16 , Sep 3 5:58 PM
                                i live not even 20 min from the event so anything is good for me but i am only available Friday night. i got reserve duty on sat and i ship out Sunday for a deployment. what was everyone thinking?
                                -bart

                                Message 15 of 16 , Sep 4 6:20 AM
                                  I'm going to tactfully try to answer this question. My unofficial/official answer is this:

                                  "If the Pittsburgh Comicon is a HOLIDAY for you, you'd be INN-sane not to be there all three days."

                                  I don't think you have to be Professor Robert Langdon to break that code.

                                  P.A.T.