HUUUGE COMICON UPDATE

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10 11:49 AM
      Hello Folks,

      First let me reiterate, Happy Easter everyone!!!!

      And let me tell you we are in the process of adding over 50 new guests to the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon guest list. I just sent everything over to the webguys today, but with today being Good Friday, I don't know when they'll have the update complete, but you can find a preview of the update in the email that will be going out which I've included below.
      Also for you horror fans out there, check out the details on DraculaCon below. It's a new event that is taking place in the Comicon's hometown of Windber. For more details on Draculacon you can check out their website at www.draculacon.com

      Anyway, here is the email that will be going out once the current update is posted:

      Thanks and Happy Easter,
      P.A.T.

      Subject: HUGE COMICON UPDATE

      HELLO PITT-CONNERS,

      I just spent the better part of a week getting together a 50+ guest update for the website; Clearly I can't list all the guests added here, but let me give you some highlights:

      Returning after a couple year absence from the Comicon are Comic Superstars:

      ADAM HUGHES
      TERRY MOORE
      GREG HORN
      and
      JAMAL IGLE

      Appearing for the first time in Pittsburgh, New, Up & Coming Artist from Top Cow,
      NELSON BLAKE II from the Recent Broken Trinity:Witchblade

      Other Comic Luminaries included in the recent update:

      Bob Almond
      Eric Basaldua
      Ed Bear Jr.
      Talent Caldwell
      Tommy Castillo
      Wayne Faucher
      Scott McDaniel
      Chris Moreno
      Alex Saviuk
      Beau Smith
      Allison Sohn
      Arthur Suydam
      Herb Trimpe
      Tim Truman
      Billy Tucci
      Neil Vokes
      and many, many more.

      To check out the full guest list, check out our website at www.pittsburghcomicon.com

      We also added several new Auction pieces, include the cover to this year's mailer by our very own Glen Klimeck and inked by DC superstar inker, Wayne Faucher. To Check out the Auction Items stop by the Auction page: http://www.pittsburghcomicon.com/charityauction.html

      Also if you want to check out a cool one of a kind item that we will be Raffling Off at this year's show, Check Out the COMICON QUILT on the Special Promotions Page: www.pittsburghcomicon.com/promotions.html

      Things are moving at breakneck speed around here lately and you can look forward to more exciting updates in the days to come.

      But for right now, if you are into HORROR and if you are looking for something to do on the dates that this year's convention was supposed to be:
      APRIL 24-25, You can come to the hometown of the headquarters of the Pittsburgh Comicon, (WINDBER, PA) and check out the first ever:

      DRACULACON
      Vampire fans, mark the weekend of April 24-26 for the first ever Dracula Con, in spooky little Windber, PA! The host of this event is the fabulous Blair Murphy owner of one of the strangest haunted places in Pennsylvania, the Grand Midway Hotel, Blair, a screenwriter and author, has put together a smashing event of talks, music, parties and costumes. The event will be at the Arcadia Theater in Windber, and Blair may open up the hotel itself for part of the weekend. John and Tim Frick, the famous Mothman Men in Black, will be there, too! Lots more, go to www.DraculaCon.com for all the details! Windber is about 1.5 hours from Pittsburgh near Johnstown, easily accessible from many major points.
      ~And if you stop by the Comics World (Pittsburgh Comicon HQ) during Draculacon there will be plenty of deals on HORROR COMICS and more!!!

      and don't forget about
      The Pittsburgh Comics and Collectibles Show
      May 31st from 11-5 inside Pittsburgh's Century III Mall
      hosted by our good friends at New Dimension Comics
      For details, please visit www.ndcomics.com

      COUNTING THE DAYS UNTIL COMICON 2009, WE'LL HAVE MORE PITTSBURGH COMICON NEWS SOON!!!!!
      Patrick Thomas - Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

      Pittsburgh Comicon 2009
      September 11, 12, 13
      NEW Monroeville Exposition Center

      Contact: