Re: [pittscomicon] Eric Basaldua

  • Andrew Harmon
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 29, 2009
      Further communication with Eric Basaluda. My reply to his question as to why I was asking about his attendance and his response follows.

      ===
      Well first, I simply love your work here on DA and I saw your name on the artist list from last year. And second, they changed their dates in April to Sept 11-13th and I wasn't sure if you knew. I'm trying to get the word out as soon as possible in case there might be any confusion.

      Is it typical for you to be booked like that? I'm not sure how the whole invite/booking thing works between top artists and cons; I'm just a fan :)

      Regards,

      Andrew

      Eric's reply.

      crap...well..i'll try and figure this out...thanks for the heads up

      ===

      So again, to all you Con goers, make sure to spread the word to as many folks as you can just in case they're expecting an April show. I'm certainly not looking to step on the Con's official coordinators. I'm trying to help.

      Andrew

      On Wed Jan 28 8:31 , Andrew Harmon sent:

      I noted Eric Basaldua  on Deviant Art to see if he'd be attending the Pittsburgh Con (and to make sure he knew of the date change) and this was his reply.

      ===
      i think im the guest list again....last yr they didnt even tech invite me...they just booked it...

      so prob why?

      ===

      I wasn't sure how to read this given the lack of voice but I didn't know if he was upset by not getting an invite, whether it's standard for him to be auto-booked, or what. I just wanted to make sure that we try to get this cat :)

      Regards,

      Andrew

    • axxinjaxxin
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 2, 2009
        Let me preface this with I don't work for Pittsburgh Comicon, but I
        think Patrick and Renee would agree with me.

        Please stop sending invites to or asking artists to come to the con.
        You're acting as though you are staff with the con and extending an
        official invite. I understand that you're fan of Mr. Basaldua's work,
        but you may be doing more harm than good.
      • Andrew Harmon
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 3, 2009
          Even when I preface that I'm not extending an official invite as staff with the Con and simply a fan hoping to see them there or wondering whether they'd thought about attending?

          Is a fan not supposed to talk to an artist about seeing them at the only venue that fan attends?

          On Tue Feb 3 0:13 , 'axxinjaxxin' sent:

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 3, 2009
            You both have good points.But please, lets not have a pissing match.

            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 3, 2009
              No pissing, Dugger. Just asking. :)

              On Tue Feb 3 5:35 , DUGGER sent:

              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 3, 2009
                I do understand that, But I'm sure you understand my point too. I'm looking forward to the September version of the Pittsburgh Comicon, I think there is great potential for "NEW" guests. Also if anyone is looking for a hotel, Red Roof is up the street probably 2 miles (if that) I booked my rooms already $63 a night, pretty sweet deal.

                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 3, 2009
                  Absolutely, man. I'm not looking to piss on or off anyone. :)

                  We gotta set something up so we can identify members from here. It'd be nice to put faces to names.

                  On Tue Feb 3 6:02 , DUGGER sent:

                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 3, 2009
                    I have to agree, Ive met 2 people from the group, over the last few years.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 3, 2009
                      If at all possible, I'll be posting a pic of myself with what I'll be wearing, so that should help lol

                      On Tue Feb 3 9:18 , DUGGER sent:

                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 3, 2009
                        I agree 100% with you. I ask Holly G! and Jim Balent if they are going to attend the con every year. If they don't go I don't go simple as that.