I come across this poem about the STEELERS

  • dugger_rockz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2009
      Twas the Night Before the Super Bowl

      `Twas the night before the Super Bowl, when along the gulf shore,
      Steelers fans were praying for "just one more;"

      The players were nestled all snug in the sack,
      With visions of the first NFL Six-Pack;

      Coach Tomlin was young, but wise for his years,
      So I drifted off to sleep without any fears;

      When at the stadium there arose some strange chatter,
      The Cardinals feared, what was the matter;

      We heard "Okel Dokel", we heard "Double Yoi,"
      We jumped from our beds, our hearts jumped for joy;

      He stood at the fifty with a grin ear to ear,
      Steelers fans everywhere started to cheer;

      Then in an instant to our surprise,
      This little old man had tears in his eyes;

      He went to the booth and there took his chair,
      While Terrible Towels waved in the air;

      Then over the airwaves came his shrill voice,
      The Steelers Nation began to rejoice;

      He said, "I am back, but you know I can't stay,
      I just had to see my Steelers play;

      From my home up above, I have a great view,
      But I wanted to celebrate here with you;

      So bring on the Birds, we'll send them a flyin',
      On the way back to Phoenix , they will be cryin';

      Ben, Hines, Troy , Jeff and all of the rest,
      No matter the outcome, to me you're the best;"

      The airwaves went silent, the stadium still,
      Was this just a dream, it seemed so real;

      In our team we have faith, in our team we have hope,
      But the game's not the same without Myron Cope;