Re: Ya know what would be handy as hell?

  • rally_monkey_boy
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 4, 2009
      Wow, my grammer sucks! LOL

      Sinks moved to the fall...me and my sister also looked forward to
      the comicon in the Spring. Shame it just couldn't be moved to a new
      location.

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "rally_monkey_boy"
      <rally_monkey_boy@...> wrote:

      > Here, Here! I second that one about updating the website...Actual
      I'm
      > kind-of bummed the show has moved to the spring. Now I have to
      decide
      > between the Pittsburgh comicon and Baltimore comicon.
      >
      > Because of the change of date, does that mean some new faces
      (bigger
      > names) may show at Pittsburgh? Because, Baltimore draws a lot of
      big
      > names (Jim Lee, Tim Sale, Amanda Conner (who has skipped out of
      the
      > con the last 2 years) and Baltimore costs less.
      >
      > In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Bo Holbrook" <BoHolbrook@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Updating the official website to let people know you moved the
      show
      > > September. That might be helpful for people who don't come here.

    • batmiteforever
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 4, 2009
        You beat me to it Anthony, There is a month between Pittsburgh and
        Baltimore so both are do able unless you over spend. I was talking
        with Gene Gonzales over the net about the date change and he said
        it's actually better for him and he is going to contact Renee to make
        sure he has a space. So if this is an indication maybe more intrest
        guest wise is on the way?
        Also I want to see the site updated too but keep in mind Patrick
        said that was coming in about a week or so. He responded to our
        postings in the forum first and I thank him for that.
        Lastly Tekkoschon claiming they are bigger...hmm never been to one
        and probably wont but nobody has ever brought me the Post Gazzette
        saying here is an article on that show, but every year they do for
        PGH con...Glad they found a "space" that could hold them and hope the
        new site in Monroeville reads there post too. All the best with
        that...but I can't wait to see our new diggs :) --- In

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 5, 2009
          Hey Folks,

          First let me thank you all for your responses (both positive and
          negative) towards our change in dates in 2009. We know it will be
          inconvienent for some but the move was unavoidable. The New
          Convention Center is the best possible home for us and if it took
          changing our dates for this year so be it. Renee is meeting with our
          webmaster this week about changing the website so I would guess that
          it should be done by the end of the week. Normally, I would have
          tryed to coordinate the website change and the announcement a little
          better, but rumors of the shows move had started creeping up on the
          message board and I thought you all deserved a heads up. You all are
          our Comicon Family and when I can, you will always be the first to
          know any news concerning the Con. Keep posting your comments and
          questions and I'll do my best to keep you informed.

          Patrick
        • Sean
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 14, 2009
            Is there any word on when the Radisson website will be up and ready?
            Has anyone heard what the con rate will be? Has anyone made
            reservations successfully yet?

            Thanks!