Re: Ya know what would be handy as hell?

  • Anthony
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 4, 2009
      I am sure they planned around Baltimore. Baltimore is Oct 10-11,
      while Pittsburgh is in early September. I'm glad guests won't have
      conflicts.

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "rally_monkey_boy"
      <rally_monkey_boy@...> wrote:

      > Here, Here! I second that one about updating the website...Actual I'm
      > kind-of bummed the show has moved to the spring. Now I have to decide
      > between the Pittsburgh comicon and Baltimore comicon.
      >
      > Because of the change of date, does that mean some new faces (bigger
      > names) may show at Pittsburgh? Because, Baltimore draws a lot of big
      > names (Jim Lee, Tim Sale, Amanda Conner (who has skipped out of the
      > con the last 2 years) and Baltimore costs less.
    • rally_monkey_boy
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 4, 2009
        Wow, my grammer sucks! LOL

        Sinks moved to the fall...me and my sister also looked forward to
        the comicon in the Spring. Shame it just couldn't be moved to a new
        location.

        <rally_monkey_boy@...> wrote:

        > Here, Here! I second that one about updating the website...Actual
        I'm
        > kind-of bummed the show has moved to the spring. Now I have to
        decide
        > between the Pittsburgh comicon and Baltimore comicon.
        >
        > Because of the change of date, does that mean some new faces
        (bigger
        > names) may show at Pittsburgh? Because, Baltimore draws a lot of
        big
        > names (Jim Lee, Tim Sale, Amanda Conner (who has skipped out of
        the
        > con the last 2 years) and Baltimore costs less.
        >
        > In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Bo Holbrook" <BoHolbrook@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Updating the official website to let people know you moved the
        show
        > > September. That might be helpful for people who don't come here.

      • batmiteforever
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 4, 2009
          You beat me to it Anthony, There is a month between Pittsburgh and
          Baltimore so both are do able unless you over spend. I was talking
          with Gene Gonzales over the net about the date change and he said
          it's actually better for him and he is going to contact Renee to make
          sure he has a space. So if this is an indication maybe more intrest
          guest wise is on the way?
          Also I want to see the site updated too but keep in mind Patrick
          said that was coming in about a week or so. He responded to our
          postings in the forum first and I thank him for that.
          Lastly Tekkoschon claiming they are bigger...hmm never been to one
          and probably wont but nobody has ever brought me the Post Gazzette
          saying here is an article on that show, but every year they do for
          PGH con...Glad they found a "space" that could hold them and hope the
          new site in Monroeville reads there post too. All the best with
          that...but I can't wait to see our new diggs :) --- In

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 5, 2009
            Hey Folks,

            First let me thank you all for your responses (both positive and
            negative) towards our change in dates in 2009. We know it will be
            inconvienent for some but the move was unavoidable. The New
            Convention Center is the best possible home for us and if it took
            changing our dates for this year so be it. Renee is meeting with our
            webmaster this week about changing the website so I would guess that
            it should be done by the end of the week. Normally, I would have
            tryed to coordinate the website change and the announcement a little
            better, but rumors of the shows move had started creeping up on the
            message board and I thought you all deserved a heads up. You all are
            our Comicon Family and when I can, you will always be the first to
            know any news concerning the Con. Keep posting your comments and
            questions and I'll do my best to keep you informed.

            Patrick
          • Sean
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 14, 2009
              Is there any word on when the Radisson website will be up and ready?
              Has anyone heard what the con rate will be? Has anyone made
              reservations successfully yet?

              Thanks!