Re: Ya know what would be handy as hell?

  • rally_monkey_boy
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 4, 2009
      Here, Here! I second that one about updating the website...Actual I'm
      kind-of bummed the show has moved to the spring. Now I have to decide
      between the Pittsburgh comicon and Baltimore comicon.

      Because of the change of date, does that mean some new faces (bigger
      names) may show at Pittsburgh? Because, Baltimore draws a lot of big
      names (Jim Lee, Tim Sale, Amanda Conner (who has skipped out of the
      con the last 2 years) and Baltimore costs less.

      In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Bo Holbrook" <BoHolbrook@...> wrote:

      > Updating the official website to let people know you moved the show
      > September. That might be helpful for people who don't come here.

    • Anthony
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 4, 2009
        I am sure they planned around Baltimore. Baltimore is Oct 10-11,
        while Pittsburgh is in early September. I'm glad guests won't have
        conflicts.

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "rally_monkey_boy"

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 4, 2009
          Wow, my grammer sucks! LOL

          Sinks moved to the fall...me and my sister also looked forward to
          the comicon in the Spring. Shame it just couldn't be moved to a new
          location.

          <rally_monkey_boy@...> wrote:

          > Here, Here! I second that one about updating the website...Actual
          I'm
          > kind-of bummed the show has moved to the spring. Now I have to
          decide
          > between the Pittsburgh comicon and Baltimore comicon.
          >
          > Because of the change of date, does that mean some new faces
          (bigger
          > names) may show at Pittsburgh? Because, Baltimore draws a lot of
          big
          > names (Jim Lee, Tim Sale, Amanda Conner (who has skipped out of
          the
          > con the last 2 years) and Baltimore costs less.
          >
          > In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Bo Holbrook" <BoHolbrook@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Updating the official website to let people know you moved the
          show
          > > September. That might be helpful for people who don't come here.

        • batmiteforever
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 4, 2009
            You beat me to it Anthony, There is a month between Pittsburgh and
            Baltimore so both are do able unless you over spend. I was talking
            with Gene Gonzales over the net about the date change and he said
            it's actually better for him and he is going to contact Renee to make
            sure he has a space. So if this is an indication maybe more intrest
            guest wise is on the way?
            Also I want to see the site updated too but keep in mind Patrick
            said that was coming in about a week or so. He responded to our
            postings in the forum first and I thank him for that.
            Lastly Tekkoschon claiming they are bigger...hmm never been to one
            and probably wont but nobody has ever brought me the Post Gazzette
            saying here is an article on that show, but every year they do for
            PGH con...Glad they found a "space" that could hold them and hope the
            new site in Monroeville reads there post too. All the best with
            that...but I can't wait to see our new diggs :) --- In

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 5, 2009
              Hey Folks,

              First let me thank you all for your responses (both positive and
              negative) towards our change in dates in 2009. We know it will be
              inconvienent for some but the move was unavoidable. The New
              Convention Center is the best possible home for us and if it took
              changing our dates for this year so be it. Renee is meeting with our
              webmaster this week about changing the website so I would guess that
              it should be done by the end of the week. Normally, I would have
              tryed to coordinate the website change and the announcement a little
              better, but rumors of the shows move had started creeping up on the
              message board and I thought you all deserved a heads up. You all are
              our Comicon Family and when I can, you will always be the first to
              know any news concerning the Con. Keep posting your comments and
              questions and I'll do my best to keep you informed.

              Patrick
            • Sean
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 14, 2009
                Is there any word on when the Radisson website will be up and ready?
                Has anyone heard what the con rate will be? Has anyone made
                reservations successfully yet?

                Thanks!