Ya know what would be handy as hell?

  • Bo Holbrook
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 4, 2009
      Updating the official website to let people know you moved the show to
      September. That might be helpful for people who don't come here.
    • rally_monkey_boy
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 4, 2009
        Here, Here! I second that one about updating the website...Actual I'm
        kind-of bummed the show has moved to the spring. Now I have to decide
        between the Pittsburgh comicon and Baltimore comicon.

        Because of the change of date, does that mean some new faces (bigger
        names) may show at Pittsburgh? Because, Baltimore draws a lot of big
        names (Jim Lee, Tim Sale, Amanda Conner (who has skipped out of the
        con the last 2 years) and Baltimore costs less.

        In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Bo Holbrook" <BoHolbrook@...> wrote:

        > Updating the official website to let people know you moved the show
        > September. That might be helpful for people who don't come here.

      • Anthony
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 4, 2009
          I am sure they planned around Baltimore. Baltimore is Oct 10-11,
          while Pittsburgh is in early September. I'm glad guests won't have
          conflicts.

          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "rally_monkey_boy"

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 4, 2009
            Wow, my grammer sucks! LOL

            Sinks moved to the fall...me and my sister also looked forward to
            the comicon in the Spring. Shame it just couldn't be moved to a new
            location.

            <rally_monkey_boy@...> wrote:

            > Here, Here! I second that one about updating the website...Actual
            I'm
            > kind-of bummed the show has moved to the spring. Now I have to
            decide
            > between the Pittsburgh comicon and Baltimore comicon.
            >
            > Because of the change of date, does that mean some new faces
            (bigger
            > names) may show at Pittsburgh? Because, Baltimore draws a lot of
            big
            > names (Jim Lee, Tim Sale, Amanda Conner (who has skipped out of
            the
            > con the last 2 years) and Baltimore costs less.
            >
            > In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Bo Holbrook" <BoHolbrook@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Updating the official website to let people know you moved the
            show
            > > September. That might be helpful for people who don't come here.

          • batmiteforever
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 4, 2009
              You beat me to it Anthony, There is a month between Pittsburgh and
              Baltimore so both are do able unless you over spend. I was talking
              with Gene Gonzales over the net about the date change and he said
              it's actually better for him and he is going to contact Renee to make
              sure he has a space. So if this is an indication maybe more intrest
              guest wise is on the way?
              Also I want to see the site updated too but keep in mind Patrick
              said that was coming in about a week or so. He responded to our
              postings in the forum first and I thank him for that.
              Lastly Tekkoschon claiming they are bigger...hmm never been to one
              and probably wont but nobody has ever brought me the Post Gazzette
              saying here is an article on that show, but every year they do for
              PGH con...Glad they found a "space" that could hold them and hope the
              new site in Monroeville reads there post too. All the best with
              that...but I can't wait to see our new diggs :) --- In

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 5, 2009
                Hey Folks,

                First let me thank you all for your responses (both positive and
                negative) towards our change in dates in 2009. We know it will be
                inconvienent for some but the move was unavoidable. The New
                Convention Center is the best possible home for us and if it took
                changing our dates for this year so be it. Renee is meeting with our
                webmaster this week about changing the website so I would guess that
                it should be done by the end of the week. Normally, I would have
                tryed to coordinate the website change and the announcement a little
                better, but rumors of the shows move had started creeping up on the
                message board and I thought you all deserved a heads up. You all are
                our Comicon Family and when I can, you will always be the first to
                know any news concerning the Con. Keep posting your comments and
                questions and I'll do my best to keep you informed.

                Patrick
              • Sean
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 14, 2009
                  Is there any word on when the Radisson website will be up and ready?
                  Has anyone heard what the con rate will be? Has anyone made
                  reservations successfully yet?

                  Thanks!