Re: News from the Comicon Front

  • axxinjaxxin
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 3, 2009
      A September date works much better for me as well. From the attendee
      standpoint, it's late summer at that point, everything will be winding
      down at that point, so it will be great to have that last "event" of
      the summer, after Labor Day. And let's face it, there won't be any
      weather issues (ie SNOW... anyone remember like two or three years ago
      walking to their cars and having to scrape their windshield?). The
      only things I could foresee being a problem is if the Steelers play
      that weekend, getting from the Expomart to the Airport or vice versa
      or (in true Pittsburgh fashion) the tunnels being under construction.

      I think this is great. Plus this makes Comicon not being in direct
      competition with kiddiecon two weeks earlier. More attendees will be
      able to attend both. Not to mention, this now takes Comiconn out of
      being the same weekend as SCC.
    • axxinjaxxin
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 4, 2009
        Random thought about getting that on the front page ASAP... usually
        around this time of year (first or second week of January) is when
        people start making hotel reservations for the con. I know I spoke to
        someone at the Rad about this some time ago, and she said not to wait
        until after the second week of January if you want a room here for
        Comicon.

        That being said, it might help to get that on the front page quickly
        so people either A> don't have to change hotel reservations or B> eat
        one night to cancel a reservation, as there are hotels down on
        Mossside Blvd that do have a cancellation policy that "if you cancel
        this reservation we will charge you your first night to cancel (ie The
        Super 8)".