Re: [pittscomicon] News from the Comicon Front

  • Don Pedicini Jr.
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009

      Awesome, even better for me now it doesn't even come close to conflicting dates I had in April HUGE thanks...
      Don
      Don Pedicini Jr.
      www.donpedicinijr.blogspot.com

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Don Pedicini Jr."
        <imajicastudio@...> wrote:

        > I'm kinda happy that it is in september it means I have more time
        to work on my costume.
        > Awesome, even better for me now it doesn't even come close to
        conflicting dates I had in April HUGE thanks...
        > Don
        > Don Pedicini Jr.
        >
        > www.donpedicinijr.blogspot.com

      • Andrew Harmon

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 3, 2009
            A September date works much better for me as well. From the attendee
            standpoint, it's late summer at that point, everything will be winding
            down at that point, so it will be great to have that last "event" of
            the summer, after Labor Day. And let's face it, there won't be any
            weather issues (ie SNOW... anyone remember like two or three years ago
            walking to their cars and having to scrape their windshield?). The
            only things I could foresee being a problem is if the Steelers play
            that weekend, getting from the Expomart to the Airport or vice versa
            or (in true Pittsburgh fashion) the tunnels being under construction.

            I think this is great. Plus this makes Comicon not being in direct
            competition with kiddiecon two weeks earlier. More attendees will be
            able to attend both. Not to mention, this now takes Comiconn out of
            being the same weekend as SCC.
          • axxinjaxxin
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 4, 2009
              Random thought about getting that on the front page ASAP... usually
              around this time of year (first or second week of January) is when
              people start making hotel reservations for the con. I know I spoke to
              someone at the Rad about this some time ago, and she said not to wait
              until after the second week of January if you want a room here for
              Comicon.

              That being said, it might help to get that on the front page quickly
              so people either A> don't have to change hotel reservations or B> eat
              one night to cancel a reservation, as there are hotels down on
              Mossside Blvd that do have a cancellation policy that "if you cancel
              this reservation we will charge you your first night to cancel (ie The
              Super 8)".