Re: [pittscomicon] News from the Comicon Front

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
      I dont know what everyone is thinking about this news, but I for one think of it as a positive. I look forward to it, and with the knowledge of it being 5 months later all of us lurking  in this group can plan our finances accordingly(which is a plus for this guy). So I say, CON! September11,12,13th works just fine for me.

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
        Is this for real? Cause if so this sucks on many levels for me. Many
        many levels.

> [...]
        > that Pittsburgh Comicon fans haven't had the opportunity to meet
        > before. As for vendors that pre-paid at the end of our 2008 show for
        > our 2009 show, we are still holding booths for you for our new
        > convention dates and we hope that you will all continue to support us.
        > Vendors and artists that want more details about our September dates
        > can contact the Comicon office at 814-467-4116 or you can email us at
        > pcomicon@... Our website ( www.pittsburghcomicon.com ) is
        > in the process of being updated with our new dates, new contracts for
        > vendors and artists, and maps of the new venue. All that information
        > should be up in the next week or two. Keep checking the website for
        > the latest announcements concerning guests and events for our
        > September show. We are looking forward to a great show in September
        > and can only hope you will all continue to support us during our change.

      • Don Pedicini Jr.
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009

          Awesome, even better for me now it doesn't even come close to conflicting dates I had in April HUGE thanks...
          Don
          Don Pedicini Jr.
          www.donpedicinijr.blogspot.com

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Don Pedicini Jr."
            <imajicastudio@...> wrote:

            > I'm kinda happy that it is in september it means I have more time
            to work on my costume.
            > Awesome, even better for me now it doesn't even come close to
            conflicting dates I had in April HUGE thanks...
            > Don
            > Don Pedicini Jr.
            >
            > www.donpedicinijr.blogspot.com

          • Andrew Harmon

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 3, 2009
                A September date works much better for me as well. From the attendee
                standpoint, it's late summer at that point, everything will be winding
                down at that point, so it will be great to have that last "event" of
                the summer, after Labor Day. And let's face it, there won't be any
                weather issues (ie SNOW... anyone remember like two or three years ago
                walking to their cars and having to scrape their windshield?). The
                only things I could foresee being a problem is if the Steelers play
                that weekend, getting from the Expomart to the Airport or vice versa
                or (in true Pittsburgh fashion) the tunnels being under construction.

                I think this is great. Plus this makes Comicon not being in direct
                competition with kiddiecon two weeks earlier. More attendees will be
                able to attend both. Not to mention, this now takes Comiconn out of
                being the same weekend as SCC.
              • axxinjaxxin
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 4, 2009
                  Random thought about getting that on the front page ASAP... usually
                  around this time of year (first or second week of January) is when
                  people start making hotel reservations for the con. I know I spoke to
                  someone at the Rad about this some time ago, and she said not to wait
                  until after the second week of January if you want a room here for
                  Comicon.

                  That being said, it might help to get that on the front page quickly
                  so people either A> don't have to change hotel reservations or B> eat
                  one night to cancel a reservation, as there are hotels down on
                  Mossside Blvd that do have a cancellation policy that "if you cancel
                  this reservation we will charge you your first night to cancel (ie The
                  Super 8)".