Re: News from the Comicon Front

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
      Yeah Shawn,

      I assume you are asking about Small Press and Artists Alley Tables.
      The discounted rates go through April 30th. We'll have new contracts
      posted on the website in the next week or so.

      P.A.T.
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
        I dont know what everyone is thinking about this news, but I for one think of it as a positive. I look forward to it, and with the knowledge of it being 5 months later all of us lurking  in this group can plan our finances accordingly(which is a plus for this guy). So I say, CON! September11,12,13th works just fine for me.

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
          Is this for real? Cause if so this sucks on many levels for me. Many
          many levels.

> [...]
          > that Pittsburgh Comicon fans haven't had the opportunity to meet
          > before. As for vendors that pre-paid at the end of our 2008 show for
          > our 2009 show, we are still holding booths for you for our new
          > convention dates and we hope that you will all continue to support us.
          > Vendors and artists that want more details about our September dates
          > can contact the Comicon office at 814-467-4116 or you can email us at
          > pcomicon@... Our website ( www.pittsburghcomicon.com ) is
          > in the process of being updated with our new dates, new contracts for
          > vendors and artists, and maps of the new venue. All that information
          > should be up in the next week or two. Keep checking the website for
          > the latest announcements concerning guests and events for our
          > September show. We are looking forward to a great show in September
          > and can only hope you will all continue to support us during our change.

        • Don Pedicini Jr.
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009

            Awesome, even better for me now it doesn't even come close to conflicting dates I had in April HUGE thanks...
            Don
            Don Pedicini Jr.
            www.donpedicinijr.blogspot.com

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
              --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Don Pedicini Jr."
              <imajicastudio@...> wrote:

              > I'm kinda happy that it is in september it means I have more time
              to work on my costume.
              > Awesome, even better for me now it doesn't even come close to
              conflicting dates I had in April HUGE thanks...
              > Don
              > Don Pedicini Jr.
              >
              > www.donpedicinijr.blogspot.com

            • Andrew Harmon

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 3, 2009
                  A September date works much better for me as well. From the attendee
                  standpoint, it's late summer at that point, everything will be winding
                  down at that point, so it will be great to have that last "event" of
                  the summer, after Labor Day. And let's face it, there won't be any
                  weather issues (ie SNOW... anyone remember like two or three years ago
                  walking to their cars and having to scrape their windshield?). The
                  only things I could foresee being a problem is if the Steelers play
                  that weekend, getting from the Expomart to the Airport or vice versa
                  or (in true Pittsburgh fashion) the tunnels being under construction.

                  I think this is great. Plus this makes Comicon not being in direct
                  competition with kiddiecon two weeks earlier. More attendees will be
                  able to attend both. Not to mention, this now takes Comiconn out of
                  being the same weekend as SCC.
                • axxinjaxxin
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 4, 2009
                    Random thought about getting that on the front page ASAP... usually
                    around this time of year (first or second week of January) is when
                    people start making hotel reservations for the con. I know I spoke to
                    someone at the Rad about this some time ago, and she said not to wait
                    until after the second week of January if you want a room here for
                    Comicon.

                    That being said, it might help to get that on the front page quickly
                    so people either A> don't have to change hotel reservations or B> eat
                    one night to cancel a reservation, as there are hotels down on
                    Mossside Blvd that do have a cancellation policy that "if you cancel
                    this reservation we will charge you your first night to cancel (ie The
                    Super 8)".