Re: [pittscomicon] News from the Comicon Front

  • Shawn Williams
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
      Patrick - as always, many thanks for the updates!

      One question - will the new dates also change the deadline for having
      table reservations at the discounted rate submitted?

      Thanks!
      Shawn

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
        Yeah Shawn,

        I assume you are asking about Small Press and Artists Alley Tables.
        The discounted rates go through April 30th. We'll have new contracts
        posted on the website in the next week or so.

        P.A.T.
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
          I dont know what everyone is thinking about this news, but I for one think of it as a positive. I look forward to it, and with the knowledge of it being 5 months later all of us lurking  in this group can plan our finances accordingly(which is a plus for this guy). So I say, CON! September11,12,13th works just fine for me.

          pcomicon@floodcity. net. Our website ( www.pittsburghcomic on.com ) is
          in the process of being updated with our new dates, new contracts for
          vendors and artists, and maps of the new venue. All that information
          should be up in the next week or two. Keep checking the website for
          the latest announcements concerning guests and events for our
          September show. We are looking forward to a great show in September
          and can only hope you will all continue to support us during our change.

          Thank You,

          Patrick A. Thomas
          Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

          --------

        • Bo Holbrook
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
            Is this for real? Cause if so this sucks on many levels for me. Many
            many levels.

> [...]
            > that Pittsburgh Comicon fans haven't had the opportunity to meet
            > before. As for vendors that pre-paid at the end of our 2008 show for
            > our 2009 show, we are still holding booths for you for our new
            > convention dates and we hope that you will all continue to support us.
            > Vendors and artists that want more details about our September dates
            > can contact the Comicon office at 814-467-4116 or you can email us at
            > pcomicon@... Our website ( www.pittsburghcomicon.com ) is
            > in the process of being updated with our new dates, new contracts for
            > vendors and artists, and maps of the new venue. All that information
            > should be up in the next week or two. Keep checking the website for
            > the latest announcements concerning guests and events for our
            > September show. We are looking forward to a great show in September
            > and can only hope you will all continue to support us during our change.

          • Don Pedicini Jr.
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009

              Awesome, even better for me now it doesn't even come close to conflicting dates I had in April HUGE thanks...
              Don
              Don Pedicini Jr.
              www.donpedicinijr.blogspot.com

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
                --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Don Pedicini Jr."
                <imajicastudio@...> wrote:

                > I'm kinda happy that it is in september it means I have more time
                to work on my costume.
                > Awesome, even better for me now it doesn't even come close to
                conflicting dates I had in April HUGE thanks...
                > Don
                > Don Pedicini Jr.
                >
                > www.donpedicinijr.blogspot.com

              • Andrew Harmon

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 3, 2009
                    A September date works much better for me as well. From the attendee
                    standpoint, it's late summer at that point, everything will be winding
                    down at that point, so it will be great to have that last "event" of
                    the summer, after Labor Day. And let's face it, there won't be any
                    weather issues (ie SNOW... anyone remember like two or three years ago
                    walking to their cars and having to scrape their windshield?). The
                    only things I could foresee being a problem is if the Steelers play
                    that weekend, getting from the Expomart to the Airport or vice versa
                    or (in true Pittsburgh fashion) the tunnels being under construction.

                    I think this is great. Plus this makes Comicon not being in direct
                    competition with kiddiecon two weeks earlier. More attendees will be
                    able to attend both. Not to mention, this now takes Comiconn out of
                    being the same weekend as SCC.
                  • axxinjaxxin
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 4, 2009
                      Random thought about getting that on the front page ASAP... usually
                      around this time of year (first or second week of January) is when
                      people start making hotel reservations for the con. I know I spoke to
                      someone at the Rad about this some time ago, and she said not to wait
                      until after the second week of January if you want a room here for
                      Comicon.

                      That being said, it might help to get that on the front page quickly
                      so people either A> don't have to change hotel reservations or B> eat
                      one night to cancel a reservation, as there are hotels down on
                      Mossside Blvd that do have a cancellation policy that "if you cancel
                      this reservation we will charge you your first night to cancel (ie The
                      Super 8)".