Re: [pittscomicon] feeling kind of ripped off

  • Gene Fenton
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 8, 2005

      Reply to: info@...
      Date: 2005-09-16, 10:59AM EDT

      Genghis Con is shaping up to be a terrific show. This horror and entertainment convention is filling a need in Pittsburgh, as there hasn't been a full-fledged terror-gathering in the city for several years now. Genghis Con's guests include guest-of-honor Herschel Gordon Lewis making a very rare public appearance; Gunnar Hansen and Ed Neal(The Texas Chainsaw Massacre); film authority and personality Joe-Bob Briggs (Monstervision, The Daily Show); Reggie Bannister (The "Phantasm" series); Scream Queen Brinke Stevens; Amy Lynn Best ("Severe Injuries"); Jasmine St. Claire ("Swamp Zombies"; ECW manager); Debbie Rochon ("Nowhere Man"); artists Dave Nestler ("Blonde and Gagged") and Joe Jusko ("Tomb Raider") and many more! The fest also boasts the world premiere screening of the eagerly-awaited horror smash, "Skin Crawl"!

      Dealer's tables at Genghis Con (Radisson Hotel, Greentree, PA, November 18-20) are going fast as are the "con rate" hotel rooms.

      Currently, tables for the dealer's room run only $150; a limited number of tables in the guest room are still available for $200 each, but only for a very limited time.

      Tickets for the event are just $10 per day in advance ($15 at the door), with weekend passes just $25 ($35 at the door).

      If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to contact us at info@....

      Visit the site at
      www.genghisconpa.com!

      Thank you,
      Genghis Con Staff
       www.genghisconpa.com

    • Chad "Space Ghost" Wilson
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 8, 2005
        Re: [pittscomicon] feeling kind of ripped off Wow, I haven't seen Jo-Bob Briggs in a long time... I miss Monstervision...

        Reply to: info@...
        Date: 2005-09-16, 10:59AM EDT

[...]

        www.genghisconpa.com <http://www.genghisconpa.com>
      • baldalbinoyeti
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 16, 2005
          Genghis Con doesn't look too bad. I might check it out. The only
          people I wouldn't mind meeting are Gunnar Hansen and Jasmine St.
          Clair.

          I just checked out the Chiller Theatre site myself. I wish there was
          some way I could make it. A lot of wrestlers are gonna be there,
          including RVD of all people. Man, it makes me so mad that I can't go.

          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Chad \"Space Ghost\" Wilson"
          <spacghst@s...> wrote:

          > Wow, I haven't seen Jo-Bob Briggs in a long time... I miss
          Monstervision...

          > on 10/8/05 5:39 AM, Gene Fenton at gfenton@p... wrote:
          >

          > Reply to: info@g...
          > Date: 2005-09-16, 10:59AM EDT
          >

          > Genghis Con is shaping up to be a terrific show. This horror and
          > entertainment convention is filling a need in Pittsburgh, as there
          hasn't
          > been a full-fledged terror-gathering in the city for several years
          now.
          > Genghis Con's guests include guest-of-honor Herschel Gordon Lewis
          making a
          > very rare public appearance; Gunnar Hansen and Ed Neal(The Texas
          Chainsaw
          > Massacre); film authority and personality Joe-Bob Briggs
          (Monstervision, The
          > Daily Show); Reggie Bannister (The "Phantasm" series); Scream
          Queen Brinke
          > Stevens; Amy Lynn Best ("Severe Injuries"); Jasmine St. Claire
          ("Swamp
          > Zombies"; ECW manager); Debbie Rochon ("Nowhere Man"); artists
          Dave Nestler
          > ("Blonde and Gagged") and Joe Jusko ("Tomb Raider") and many more!
          The fest
          > also boasts the world premiere screening of the eagerly-awaited
          horror
          > smash, "Skin Crawl"!
          >
          > Dealer's tables at Genghis Con (Radisson Hotel, Greentree, PA,
          November
          > 18-20) are going fast as are the "con rate" hotel rooms.
          >
          > Currently, tables for the dealer's room run only $150; a limited
          number of
          > tables in the guest room are still available for $200 each, but
          only for a
          > very limited time.
          >
          > Tickets for the event are just $10 per day in advance ($15 at the
          door),
          > with weekend passes just $25 ($35 at the door).
          >
          > If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to
          contact us
          > at info@g...
          >
          > Visit the site at www.genghisconpa.com!
          >
          > Thank you,
          > Genghis Con Staff
          > www.genghisconpa.com <http://www.genghisconpa.com>

        • Kerry
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 16, 2005
            I might go to Genghis Con, to get Tom Sullivan to sign my Evil Dead
            DVD booklet, and maybe the people from Bubba Ho_tep to sign my DVD
            cover, but other than that don't know anyone else, besides Jasmine,
            and already met her.

            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "baldalbinoyeti"

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 30, 2005
              Would someone please shut this guy up? All he ever seems to do is
              talk about how he's gonna get his Evil Dead DVD signed at Geghis
              Con. it's getting annoying.

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 30, 2005
                LOL  seems some folk live their hobbies.Ive collected comics for 33 years and quite frankly , i dont obsess on any title. I know alot of guys like the Genghis Guy and its just creepy.

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 30, 2005
                  I only posted this once. Not sure why it came up as many times it
                  did.
                  Glitches happen, it's the internet.
                  You DO know, you don't have to read every post?

                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 30, 2005
                    I just found out I can delete messages.
                    So I deleted the other 2..
                    Sorry to everyone, didn't mean to annoy anyone.

                    If someone had bothered looking, the repeat messages were all timed at
                    the exact same time, but I guess some people are perfect.