Re: [pittscomicon] I just love this time of the year?

  • Joe Patrick
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 23, 2008
      That Radison is closed down at the moment, I was just up at the mall over the weekend.  There are several other hotels not that far away that can be used.  I'll try to get a decent idea where they are and just which hotels they are and get the information posted.

      I also want to wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas.  Have fun and be safe and make some memories to hold onto.

      -Joe

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 24, 2008
        According to the first episode of Comic Book Pitt podcast
        (http://comicbookpitt.mypodcast.com), due to delayed construction
        issues, the Pittsburgh Comicon will most likely not be held until
        September. That info apparently came straight from Renee herself.

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Joe Patrick
        <brandysdad_2000@...> wrote:

        > That Radison is closed down at the moment, I was just up at the
        mall over the weekend.  There are several other hotels not that far
        away that can be used.  I'll try to get a decent idea where they are
        and just which hotels they are and get the information posted.

        > I also want to wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas.  Have fun
        and be safe and make some memories to hold onto.

        > -Joe

      • Joe Patrick
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 24, 2008
          I had heard rumors of that sort from someone that works for the Expo authority up there as well as far as the site not being ready by April, but barring any 'official' word yet, I didnt want to say anything yet.  Pat, anything official from your end yet?

          <brandysdad_ 2000@...> wrote:

          > That Radison is closed down at the moment, I was just up at the
          mall over the weekend.  There are several other hotels not that far
          away that can be used.  I'll try to get a decent idea where they are
          and just which hotels they are and get the information posted.

          > I also want to wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas.  Have fun
          and be safe and make some memories to hold onto.

          > -Joe

        • Maya
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 27, 2008
            >I have no problem with hook up with some local member of the comicon
            group. it sound like fun.
            > True So True, the countdown to CON! begins very soon. I still think
            as many of us as possible should hook up for a beer or dinner or
            something.
            > Also
            > MERRY CHRISTMAS & Happy New Year
            > To everyone here at the yahoo comic hut.
            >
            > Keep it safe an have fun.
            >
            > Dugger
            >

            > ________________________________

          • axxinjaxxin
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 29, 2008
              I think it would be great to hook up for a "pre-Comicon" get together,
              especially if Comicon is going to be severely delayed this year. I'm
              in Johnstown, and could travel to Monroeville/Pittsburgh area for a
              few drinks or dinner or something. Just don't ask me to stop at that
              "place" in New Alexandria on the way home... LOL.

              Heck, I'm planning on going to Wheeling in January sometime, so if
              anyone would want to do a Wheeling Island run, I'm up for that, as well.

              Great idea,
              Rich