Re: [pittscomicon] I just love this time of the year?

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 23, 2008
      True So True, the countdown to CON! begins very soon. I still think as many of us as possible should hook up for a beer or dinner or something.
      Also
      MERRY CHRISTMAS & Happy New Year
      To everyone here at the yahoo comic hut.

      Keep it safe an have fun.

      Dugger

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 23, 2008
        Yes, allow me to chime in with the well-wishes: I hope everyone has a
        safe & happy holiday(s)!

        And speaking of COOOOOONNNN! - does anyone have any updated info about
        the hotel? I'm not from the area, so I don't know if the Radisson is
        still the hotel of choice, or if there's a new one, or another one
        that's closer?

        Sorry to pester everyone, just wanting to start making plans!

        Thanks,
        Shawn

        On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 1:55 PM, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@...> wrote:
        > True So True, the countdown to CON! begins very soon. I still think as many
        > of us as possible should hook up for a beer or dinner or something.
        > Also
        > MERRY CHRISTMAS & Happy New Year
        > To everyone here at the yahoo comic hut.
        >

        > Keep it safe an have fun.
        >

        > Dugger
        >
        > ________________________________

      • Joe Patrick
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 23, 2008
          That Radison is closed down at the moment, I was just up at the mall over the weekend.  There are several other hotels not that far away that can be used.  I'll try to get a decent idea where they are and just which hotels they are and get the information posted.

          I also want to wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas.  Have fun and be safe and make some memories to hold onto.

          -Joe

          On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 1:55 PM, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@ yahoo.com> wrote:
          > True So True, the countdown to CON! begins very soon. I still think as many
          > of us as possible should hook up for a beer or dinner or something.
          > Also
          > MERRY CHRISTMAS & Happy New Year
          > To everyone here at the yahoo comic hut.
          >

          > Keep it safe an have fun.
          >

          > Dugger
          >
          > ____________ _________ _________ __

        • Dan
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 24, 2008
            According to the first episode of Comic Book Pitt podcast
            (http://comicbookpitt.mypodcast.com), due to delayed construction
            issues, the Pittsburgh Comicon will most likely not be held until
            September. That info apparently came straight from Renee herself.

            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Joe Patrick
            <brandysdad_2000@...> wrote:

            > That Radison is closed down at the moment, I was just up at the
            mall over the weekend.  There are several other hotels not that far
            away that can be used.  I'll try to get a decent idea where they are
            and just which hotels they are and get the information posted.

            > I also want to wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas.  Have fun
            and be safe and make some memories to hold onto.

            > -Joe

          • Joe Patrick
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 24, 2008
              I had heard rumors of that sort from someone that works for the Expo authority up there as well as far as the site not being ready by April, but barring any 'official' word yet, I didnt want to say anything yet.  Pat, anything official from your end yet?

              <brandysdad_ 2000@...> wrote:

              > That Radison is closed down at the moment, I was just up at the
              mall over the weekend.  There are several other hotels not that far
              away that can be used.  I'll try to get a decent idea where they are
              and just which hotels they are and get the information posted.

              > I also want to wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas.  Have fun
              and be safe and make some memories to hold onto.

              > -Joe

            • Maya
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 27, 2008
                >I have no problem with hook up with some local member of the comicon
                group. it sound like fun.
                > True So True, the countdown to CON! begins very soon. I still think
                as many of us as possible should hook up for a beer or dinner or
                something.
                > Also
                > MERRY CHRISTMAS & Happy New Year
                > To everyone here at the yahoo comic hut.
                >
                > Keep it safe an have fun.
                >
                > Dugger
                >

                > ________________________________

              • axxinjaxxin
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 29, 2008
                  I think it would be great to hook up for a "pre-Comicon" get together,
                  especially if Comicon is going to be severely delayed this year. I'm
                  in Johnstown, and could travel to Monroeville/Pittsburgh area for a
                  few drinks or dinner or something. Just don't ask me to stop at that
                  "place" in New Alexandria on the way home... LOL.

                  Heck, I'm planning on going to Wheeling in January sometime, so if
                  anyone would want to do a Wheeling Island run, I'm up for that, as well.

                  Great idea,
                  Rich