I just love this time of the year?

  • Maya
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 23, 2008
      I get to see all my family. and most impartant of all.....
      I get to start the count down to the next Comicon in Pittsburgh. Bye
      the way Happy HOlidays
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 23, 2008
        True So True, the countdown to CON! begins very soon. I still think as many of us as possible should hook up for a beer or dinner or something.
        Also
        MERRY CHRISTMAS & Happy New Year
        To everyone here at the yahoo comic hut.

        Keep it safe an have fun.

        Dugger

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 23, 2008
          Yes, allow me to chime in with the well-wishes: I hope everyone has a
          safe & happy holiday(s)!

          And speaking of COOOOOONNNN! - does anyone have any updated info about
          the hotel? I'm not from the area, so I don't know if the Radisson is
          still the hotel of choice, or if there's a new one, or another one
          that's closer?

          Sorry to pester everyone, just wanting to start making plans!

          Thanks,
          Shawn

          On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 1:55 PM, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@...> wrote:
          > True So True, the countdown to CON! begins very soon. I still think as many
          > of us as possible should hook up for a beer or dinner or something.
          > Also
          > MERRY CHRISTMAS & Happy New Year
          > To everyone here at the yahoo comic hut.
          >

          > Keep it safe an have fun.
          >

          > Dugger
          >
          > ________________________________

        • Joe Patrick
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 23, 2008
            That Radison is closed down at the moment, I was just up at the mall over the weekend.  There are several other hotels not that far away that can be used.  I'll try to get a decent idea where they are and just which hotels they are and get the information posted.

            I also want to wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas.  Have fun and be safe and make some memories to hold onto.

            -Joe

            On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 1:55 PM, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@ yahoo.com> wrote:
            > True So True, the countdown to CON! begins very soon. I still think as many
            > of us as possible should hook up for a beer or dinner or something.
            > Also
            > MERRY CHRISTMAS & Happy New Year
            > To everyone here at the yahoo comic hut.
            >

            > Keep it safe an have fun.
            >

            > Dugger
            >
            > ____________ _________ _________ __

          • Dan
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 24, 2008
              According to the first episode of Comic Book Pitt podcast
              (http://comicbookpitt.mypodcast.com), due to delayed construction
              issues, the Pittsburgh Comicon will most likely not be held until
              September. That info apparently came straight from Renee herself.

              --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Joe Patrick
              <brandysdad_2000@...> wrote:

              > That Radison is closed down at the moment, I was just up at the
              mall over the weekend.  There are several other hotels not that far
              away that can be used.  I'll try to get a decent idea where they are
              and just which hotels they are and get the information posted.

              > I also want to wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas.  Have fun
              and be safe and make some memories to hold onto.

              > -Joe

            • Joe Patrick
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 24, 2008
                I had heard rumors of that sort from someone that works for the Expo authority up there as well as far as the site not being ready by April, but barring any 'official' word yet, I didnt want to say anything yet.  Pat, anything official from your end yet?

                <brandysdad_ 2000@...> wrote:

                > That Radison is closed down at the moment, I was just up at the
                mall over the weekend.  There are several other hotels not that far
                away that can be used.  I'll try to get a decent idea where they are
                and just which hotels they are and get the information posted.

                > I also want to wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas.  Have fun
                and be safe and make some memories to hold onto.

                > -Joe

              • Maya
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 27, 2008
                  >I have no problem with hook up with some local member of the comicon
                  group. it sound like fun.
                  > True So True, the countdown to CON! begins very soon. I still think
                  as many of us as possible should hook up for a beer or dinner or
                  something.
                  > Also
                  > MERRY CHRISTMAS & Happy New Year
                  > To everyone here at the yahoo comic hut.
                  >
                  > Keep it safe an have fun.
                  >
                  > Dugger
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • axxinjaxxin
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 29, 2008
                    I think it would be great to hook up for a "pre-Comicon" get together,
                    especially if Comicon is going to be severely delayed this year. I'm
                    in Johnstown, and could travel to Monroeville/Pittsburgh area for a
                    few drinks or dinner or something. Just don't ask me to stop at that
                    "place" in New Alexandria on the way home... LOL.

                    Heck, I'm planning on going to Wheeling in January sometime, so if
                    anyone would want to do a Wheeling Island run, I'm up for that, as well.

                    Great idea,
                    Rich