Re: Convicted Sex Offender Working with Tekkoshocon

  • kyoteklaw
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 18, 2008
      Attn: Rich

      As a staff member with Tekkoshocon, I can certainly tell you that
      Christopher Dalton is not a staff member, nor has he been one since
      2006. He was released from the Tekko staff when we were presented with
      his criminal record. He was neither a second-level staffer nor a web
      master.
      We would appreciate it if this issue would remain separate from
      Tekkoshocon Inc. concerning his former volunteer status.

      Ellen Siergiej
      Artist Alley Lieutenant
    • axxinjaxxin
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 20, 2008
        Just to make it look like I didn't just abandon my earlier message, I
        have taken this issue with Ellen to private message as to not clog the
        board up.

        However, keep in mind, this just another of a long list of
        "suspicious" activity by Tekkoshocon. Let us not forget what happened
        at last year's con with the artist's alley that was by every
        definition, ILLEGAL. For the uneducated, several members of the
        security staff barricaded the artists in the artists alley in a room
        and yelled and screamed at them for 20 or so minutes. Meanwhile, the
        former con chair of Tekkoshocon was attempting to gain entry to the
        room from the outside and knew this was going on. This act led to a
        member of Tekkoshocon's senior staff's resignation from the Board of
        Directors, as he was the person "screaming" at the artists. From my
        nine years in the legal field, if even one person would have called
        the police from inside that room, my sense is there would have been
        arrests made for false imprisonment, possibly kidnapping (much in the
        same manner that OJ was arrested for kidnapping), and the con more
        than likely would have been shut down at that point.

        Also, I have it from good authority from some people at the Expomart
        that Tekkoshocon was asked to not return to the Expomart over a year
        ahead of the planned renovations because the hotel was tired of
        playing babysitter to all the under 18's running around the hotel and
        Expomart unsupervised. And from my experience with the Westin,
        because I stay there for business when I'm in Pittsburgh, they are not
        going to tolerate unsupervised children and the noise and ruckus for a
        second.

        With that, I'm done ranting, and this topic, at least as far as I'm
        concerned, is closed.