Re: Convicted Sex Offender Working with Tekkoshocon

  • axxinjaxxin
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 9, 2008
      The guys running the anime room no-showed. I remember having several
      conversations with Renee, both at the con and at Comics World about
      the group (I think they're called BZAnime or DVAnime), but I don't
      have any contact information for Dave Shields or any of the guys in
      the group that ran the room about that.

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Underwood"
      <chrisunderwood151@...> wrote:

      > what happened this year?

    • kyoteklaw
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 18, 2008
        Attn: Rich

        As a staff member with Tekkoshocon, I can certainly tell you that
        Christopher Dalton is not a staff member, nor has he been one since
        2006. He was released from the Tekko staff when we were presented with
        his criminal record. He was neither a second-level staffer nor a web
        master.
        We would appreciate it if this issue would remain separate from
        Tekkoshocon Inc. concerning his former volunteer status.

        Ellen Siergiej
        Artist Alley Lieutenant
      • axxinjaxxin
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 20, 2008
          Just to make it look like I didn't just abandon my earlier message, I
          have taken this issue with Ellen to private message as to not clog the
          board up.

          However, keep in mind, this just another of a long list of
          "suspicious" activity by Tekkoshocon. Let us not forget what happened
          at last year's con with the artist's alley that was by every
          definition, ILLEGAL. For the uneducated, several members of the
          security staff barricaded the artists in the artists alley in a room
          and yelled and screamed at them for 20 or so minutes. Meanwhile, the
          former con chair of Tekkoshocon was attempting to gain entry to the
          room from the outside and knew this was going on. This act led to a
          member of Tekkoshocon's senior staff's resignation from the Board of
          Directors, as he was the person "screaming" at the artists. From my
          nine years in the legal field, if even one person would have called
          the police from inside that room, my sense is there would have been
          arrests made for false imprisonment, possibly kidnapping (much in the
          same manner that OJ was arrested for kidnapping), and the con more
          than likely would have been shut down at that point.

          Also, I have it from good authority from some people at the Expomart
          that Tekkoshocon was asked to not return to the Expomart over a year
          ahead of the planned renovations because the hotel was tired of
          playing babysitter to all the under 18's running around the hotel and
          Expomart unsupervised. And from my experience with the Westin,
          because I stay there for business when I'm in Pittsburgh, they are not
          going to tolerate unsupervised children and the noise and ruckus for a
          second.

          With that, I'm done ranting, and this topic, at least as far as I'm
          concerned, is closed.