Re: Convicted Sex Offender Working with Tekkoshocon

  • axxinjaxxin
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 8, 2008
      I don't know why it says VA State Offender Registry. His crime comes
      out of Utah. Which after spending six months in Utah last year and
      earlier this year, covering that big mine collapse from last year, and
      sitting through the better part of the Warren Jeffs trial, surprises
      the heck out of me that there's even a sex offender law out there... -_-;

      Anyway, here's the links for you, Ed.

      http://www.pameganslaw.state.pa.us/OffenderDetail.aspx?text=dadbbfah&dt=EFCLCFDDL4EDNDMNFL4da

      www.familywatchdog.us and search in PA, Christopher and Dalton, will
      produce the results I came up with.

      Hope that helps.

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Beard Jr." <artofedbeard@...>
      wrote:

      > This is a serious accusation and even more concerning is the potential
      > leagal and harmful exposure that minors attending Pitt con and the
      > anime room might be subject to.
      >
      > We went to the "VA State Offender Registry" and typed in his name
      > under name search for ALL offenders, as you list it here.
      >
      > Here is what we came up with:
      >
      > "This search allows you to find offenders by name. Enter the name of
      > an offender or his alias and click on the Search button on the bottom
      > of the screen. You may also use wild cards if you know the partial
      > name of an offender.
      >
      > No offenders found. The search criteria did not match any offender in
      > our database. Please try different search criteria."
      >
      > We tried multiple times under a number of combination and still the VA
      > State Registry of sex offenders came up with no compatible match to
      > Christopher Dalton.
      >
      > Can you be more specific to how and where we can verify this info.
      > Your link simply shows a Photo with NO name identification and could
      > be anyone.
      >
      > We need to have undisputable and trackable facts to present to Renee
      > George in order to make sure this type of offender is not allowed to
      > attend the show in that capacity.
      >
      > Thank You

    • axxinjaxxin
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 9, 2008
        The guys running the anime room no-showed. I remember having several
        conversations with Renee, both at the con and at Comics World about
        the group (I think they're called BZAnime or DVAnime), but I don't
        have any contact information for Dave Shields or any of the guys in
        the group that ran the room about that.

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Underwood"
        <chrisunderwood151@...> wrote:

        > what happened this year?

      • kyoteklaw
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 18, 2008
          Attn: Rich

          As a staff member with Tekkoshocon, I can certainly tell you that
          Christopher Dalton is not a staff member, nor has he been one since
          2006. He was released from the Tekko staff when we were presented with
          his criminal record. He was neither a second-level staffer nor a web
          master.
          We would appreciate it if this issue would remain separate from
          Tekkoshocon Inc. concerning his former volunteer status.

          Ellen Siergiej
          Artist Alley Lieutenant
        • axxinjaxxin
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 20, 2008
            Just to make it look like I didn't just abandon my earlier message, I
            have taken this issue with Ellen to private message as to not clog the
            board up.

            However, keep in mind, this just another of a long list of
            "suspicious" activity by Tekkoshocon. Let us not forget what happened
            at last year's con with the artist's alley that was by every
            definition, ILLEGAL. For the uneducated, several members of the
            security staff barricaded the artists in the artists alley in a room
            and yelled and screamed at them for 20 or so minutes. Meanwhile, the
            former con chair of Tekkoshocon was attempting to gain entry to the
            room from the outside and knew this was going on. This act led to a
            member of Tekkoshocon's senior staff's resignation from the Board of
            Directors, as he was the person "screaming" at the artists. From my
            nine years in the legal field, if even one person would have called
            the police from inside that room, my sense is there would have been
            arrests made for false imprisonment, possibly kidnapping (much in the
            same manner that OJ was arrested for kidnapping), and the con more
            than likely would have been shut down at that point.

            Also, I have it from good authority from some people at the Expomart
            that Tekkoshocon was asked to not return to the Expomart over a year
            ahead of the planned renovations because the hotel was tired of
            playing babysitter to all the under 18's running around the hotel and
            Expomart unsupervised. And from my experience with the Westin,
            because I stay there for business when I'm in Pittsburgh, they are not
            going to tolerate unsupervised children and the noise and ruckus for a
            second.

            With that, I'm done ranting, and this topic, at least as far as I'm
            concerned, is closed.