Hi, everyone.

  • Dirk...Dirk Diggler
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2005
      I just wanted to say since this is my first post. I've been
      attending 5 going on 6 years now, and I look forward to it every
      year. Ive convinced many of my friends to tag along over the years,
      and i believe I have 3 newbies coming this year.
      The guest list is looking good. Many great artists, actors,
      writers, etc seem to be signing on. Thats a plus. The games (even
      though theyre not my bag), contests, and all the events look great,
      but I've never had enough time to do them. I only hope that Ernie
      Hudson is not the guest of honor, and we can have someone that
      actually has something to do with comics for GOH. Brian Bendis hasnt
      been here for 4 years now, and with all the books hes writing, it
      would be quite the draw.
      I only have 2 major complaints about the Comicon. 10 I know it must
      be expensive to run something like this, but the ticket cost has
      been inflating over the past few years that its a turn-off for
      people new to this. Who wants to pay 17 bucks for something you have
      no idea how much fun it will be? 2) Ive talked to quite a few
      people, and we all agree that the porn/ nudie models need to go.
      They take up valuable space while all these great artists are pushed
      to the back corner. Most of them NEED the airbrushing and, to be
      honest, most of the people that flock to these girls creep me out.
      Parents dont want to take their kids to see that type of s--t.
      I hope everyone has a great time this year.
      Oh, and whoever said they were a Ghostbuster last year, your costume
      rocked.
    • Kerry
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2005
        I've been going for that last 7-8 years and have never seen artists
        pushed into a back corner (maybe some of the independent
        pusblishers), but they have all been easy to find.

        I can understand not wanting kids to see the models or Playmates,
        but yet it's ok to take them around and look at the DRAWINGS of half
        nude or nude woman. Yes, I know, most artists have them covered up a
        bit, but still a nude woman is a nude woman, and the way alot of
        these wonderful artists are, it's hard to tell a pic from a drawing.
        Plus, alot of the artists use Playmates or other models as their
        inspiration. Dave Nester comes to mind.

        KH

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Dirk...Dirk Diggler"