Re: Michael George Re-Trial Motion Upheld

  • axxinjaxxin
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2008
      Just for clarification, the transcript referred to below is the
      transcript of the September 12, 2008 hearing before Judge Biernat, not
      the transcript before the State Court of Appeals. I read through the
      entire transcript and feel embarrassed that I didn't make the
      connection sooner. I work as a court stenographer and have done so
      for the better part of five years now, and noted that pages one and
      two were missing, so it took a little longer for everything to click.

      Anywho, thank you for this transcript. I think it proves that Judge
      Biernat still has a firm grasp over his courtroom and intends to be
      fair in the upcoming new trial.

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "uss_escort" <uss_escort@...> wrote:

      > Folks,
      >
      > Just wanted to spread the word that the Michigan State Court of
      > Appeals upheld Judge Biernat's decision to grant Michael a new trial.
      > If anyone is interested, the court transcript of that hearing is
      > posted at fatrepublicanclub.wordpress.com.

    • Ed Beard Jr.
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 10, 2008
        Thanks for the post and update. Maybe this time he can get a trial out
        of that juristiction and away from the DA's linch mob and into a somwaht
        inteligent jury.

        Ed
        =====================
        Posted through Grouply, the better way
        to access your Yahoo Groups like this one.
        http://www.grouply.com/?code=post
      • uss_escort
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 11, 2008
          Yeah, sorry axxin. I should have made that a bit clearer. It is the
          transcript of the hearing before Judge Biernat, where the Judge
          originally granted Michael a new trial. It is not the decision of the
          Appellate Court. I did not include the first two or the last page of
          the transcript due to my discomfort of posting the addresses of the
          parties involved and the signatures of the Court Reporter and Court Clerk.

          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "axxinjaxxin" <axxinjaxxin@...>